Wednesday, July 8, 2015

27.5 weeks and an update on Pregnancy third time around.

27.5 weeks. Where has the time gone? Can I just say that I never thought I would be one of those people who wouldn't document the third pregnancy the way I did with the first, or even the second. I swore that I would make time, that I would do the same for all my children, and yet here we are 27 weeks in and I'm just now getting around to writing an official update. Now, by official, I mean one that counts. Instagram doesn't count right? Although, I do plan on converting everything on instagram into a little book so I can pretend like I was a good mom. And to be honest, I don't have a "pregnancy" book for either of the first two, but I do have all my posts printed in a blog book. Which is more important? I don't think either, but I can already hear the arguments as the kids get older.

So here we are, 27 weeks in and I'm saying this again... where did the time go.

I feel like it was just yesterday that I had announced I was pregnant, and yet at the same time, I already forget what it was like not to be pregnant. What it was like to drink. What it was to sleep completely on my belly. What it felt like to not having someone moving inside you at all hours of the day. Actually, to pee normal.

Yet, for the first time out of all 3 of my pregnancies, I'm really not counting down, dreading it, or wishing this time away. I'm at a happy place. Do I love being pregnant? No. But is it something now that I'm sort of used to {if that makes any sense}, sure. I wonder how long this feeling will last or if this is just 2nd trimester thinking. Usually by week 34, I'm itching for the time to go by fast and I can't wait for the baby to come. And by week 37-38, I'm basically begging for the baby to come. Something tells me that I would be just fine if the baby waited until week 40. But not a day later. You hear that P. NOT-A-DAY-LATER.

The best part is that P's due date puts me at 3 months off right around the holidays. That means I will have Halloween, E's birthday, my nephew's birthday, Thanksgiving, husband's birthday, and Christmas and Graham's birthday all off. I probably will have New Years off as well, but you know I won't be partying it up anyway.

So let us do a real update.

I'm measuring right on track. The baby is looking great, and my numbers look good as well according to the doctor. My weight is approximately 13 pounds up, and I am more than pleased with that number. I passed my glucose test last week, and the nurse just called me and lectured me about my hemoglobin levels {which she called me about with my initial labs as well and recommended taking an extra iron pill}. I kind of brushed it off and told her "okay I'll take one." In other words, when I get around to going to the store and I remember, then I will. My hemoglobin was 10.5 which is not surprising out of pregnancy, but I will be a better patient and at least try to take it soon. I promise. But first, I need to actually take the step and buy it when I'm out at the store.

I have a ultrasound scheduled for my next appointment to check and make sure that my placenta moved up. It wasn't a previa, but it was very close, so they just want to a closer look since we are nearing the end of pregnancy. I'm also excited about the thought of seeing little princess on the screen again.

She's a move. Big time mover. She moves all throughout the day and has some intense gymnastics going on in my belly. The kids love to kiss her multiple times, and that often makes her perk up even more. I'm waiting for a good opportunity where she kicks their little hands. I know that would just make them so excited.

Overall, I am feeling well but definitely feeling big. Getting off the couch or out of bed feels like a lot of work, and I just don't recall feeling this big this early on. I wear all maxi dresses pretty much throughout the summer, and although surprisingly my bottoms of non-maternity clothes still fit, I just don't like anything clinching my waist. 

We have a name! We haven't shared it on any social media {for any particular reason except that we don't have a confirmed middle name}. Once we agree on something in the middle, then I guess we will share, but at this point I might as well just wait until the baby is born. Of course our families, coworkers and friends all know at this point.




We are going to have 3! The thought is crazy, yet not at the same time. I always envisioned having 3-4 kids, and we are almost there. Will we have a 4th? Everyone tells us no, but only God knows, and I trust that Andrew and I will be at peace with however big our family is. Our kids are our greatest blessings in life, and each one are just so special to us.

So here is to P, to having only 12 weeks left, and to a safe rest of the pregnancy and delivery!!




6 comments:

  1. I have been doing the exact same thing, telling myself I would treat my second pregnancy like my first and being just as diligent about keeping records and all, have definitely not been keeping on track as much as I would like. It's amazing how different each pregnancy is!

    Hope everything continues to go well for you and baby :)

    <3 Melissa
    lifeoflarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my second baby, and it's already been so different than the first. I can't imagine what the third will be!

    I can't wait to hear her name. My P-baby is Penelope "Penny" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a Pregnancy Calculator that helps in finding the whole details about their pregnancy
    https://healthmash.net/pregnancy-calculator-how-many-weeks-pregnant-am-i/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive work.Motherhood is the precious pain everyone have to respect CM hospital is the best Fertility Centre in Chennai with individualized treatment and Gynecologist In Velachery will give you the best care, they are focused in your health and comfort.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye