Tuesday, October 20, 2015

1 Month Polina



I'm already a week late in posting this, but I wasn't going to let this month go by without writing down every detail. I don't want the year to fly by in a way that I know it will. I want to be able to write down all of her milestones as I did with the other two. I want her to always have something to look back on and read, and remember how very loved she is by her family.

Polina,

I wish there was a better way to bottle up this time with you than just words. I wish I could put the emotions and feelings of it all so that I don't ever forget it.

The way you lay on my chest for hours on end. The way your body goes limp, and all I can hear and feel is your breathing. The way I know that it is the best sleep you have ever gotten. Your safe haven. The beating of my heart, and the place she feels most at home. The way there is no where else I would rather be.

The way your scrawny little legs have started turning to soft little mushy of chubby rolls. The cheeks that have plumped up, and are the sweetest to kiss right after a feeding. Rosy and warm to the touch.

The way you stretch your arms up in the air, fists clenched together, head sprawled back, and lips puckered out.


The way your hair feels as soft as silk. Long and dark, leaving me wondering if they will turn blonde like your older sissy's.

The way she you are my tiniest baby thus far.

The way you smile in your sleep, and makes me want to wake you, squeeze you, and kiss you all over. 

The way your brother and sister literally fight over you. They kiss on you all hours of the day, sing sweet songs to her {mainly twinkle twinkle little star}, and want to take turns holding you. They tell you all the things that you will be doing when you're older, and I just know they will guide you every step of the way.


The way your daddy doesn't even know how wrapped around your finger he really is. If I was a betting woman, I would bet that you will be his little baby princess.

The way your mama just cannot imagine how any more perfect you could possibly be. How you have fit so wonderfully into our family. How you make life with 3 seem like a breeze, and I couldn't thank you enough for that.

You're about 8.5 pounds now {if I had to guess, and based on a rough estimate from the home scale}, and I am so so proud that you are chunking up. You breastfeed exclusively, and just about all the time when you are awake. The milk quickly puts you to sleep, and you continue to sleep for most of the hours of the day and night. You have periods of being awake in the morning for a couple hours, and then at night.

You wear newborn and 0-3 month clothes and are in newborn diapers. We will be transitioning to size 1, and then eventually to cloth diapers {although papa says otherwise}.

Your head is getting so strong, and I'm amazed of how well you can hold it. We do "tummy time" but that mainly consists of the time you spend on my chest. Which is all day.

Twinkle Twinkle little star is the tune you hear the most, and it usually comes from the mouths of two little toddlers known as your brother and sister.

You're the greatest thing to ever happen to our family, and we are so excited to watch you grow, learn, and prosper!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye