Sunday, May 25, 2014

What's happening.




The Weather=Perfect

Finally, we have a beautiful weekend and an even better weekend. I can actually sit here and talk about how happy the sunshine makes me and how great the rays feel on our skin. They do. And because of the weather, we have been busy staying outside more than in. Literally unless we have to cook, sleep, eat, or potty. I wouldn't have it any other way.



Summer Busy

One of my favorite {yet least favorite} parts about summer is that we always have something going on, and there is always something to do. I say least favorite because then it means that summer whizzes right by. And it does.

From strawberry picking to zoo dates, pool days, vacation to Cleveland, a mystery place, and the beach. Soccer games {yay} to summer camps. A magic show and a music show. So many shows.

I've even purchased tickets to go to a football game with Andrew in August. August!

The calendar is filling up quickly and I have not a single complaint about that. 

Fourth of July Deal Finds

Just because they are too good not to share. Shop the look here
http://www.zulily.com/e/shop-the-look-memorial-day-bbq-84908.html?tid=social_fb_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_e95e33528c5ad3b5bd6f4b5196994bf7&ns=ns_004207184|1401050244316

http://www.zulily.com/e/shop-the-look-memorial-day-bbq-84908.html?tid=social_fb_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_e95e33528c5ad3b5bd6f4b5196994bf7&ns=ns_004207184|1401050244316

http://www.zulily.com/e/shop-the-look-memorial-day-bbq-84908.html?tid=social_fb_ref_shareviaicon_na_modal_e95e33528c5ad3b5bd6f4b5196994bf7&ns=ns_004207184|1401050244316



Recipes Tried

This past week has been quite the week for new recipes in the S house. I mean, if I'm being completely honest here, there are weeks {sometimes months} that go by before I even try a new recipe, and here I am having challenged myself to do three in one week. And? The best part of it all? We loved each and every one of them! And it shouldn't be a surprise that they all came from Skinny Taste. She seriously is awesome at what she does.

Veggie Egg & Cheese Bake 
image via skinnytaste

I made this for dinner. No shame. It looked delicious. It smelled delicious. And it was very much so... delicious. A plus? The fact that breakfast was already thought of {and made} for the next day. Bonus.

I did everything by the book {which is usually very not like me}, but I couldn't help it. I think if you have a variety of vegetables, are in to some more than others, or just want to use what you have on hand, it will turn out great.

Turkey Meatloaf  {as I like to call it}.  
image via skinnytaste

I think turned out perfect. My husband isn't a "meatloaf" fan, but I just called it that and he already had it made up that he wasn't going to like it before he even tried it. The only thing different that I did was throw in mushrooms and green peppers, and I did not buy the "Harisa" sauce. I simply used salsa in it's place.

CrockPot Chicken Chili

image via skinnytaste
Well, we all know my love for the crock pot. Especially on days that I had worked the night before as well as the following night. It means that I want to do the least amount of work as possible. Which means---crock pot it is. Truly? I would eat this without the chicken. So for those that don't eat meat? This is a fabulous recipe for you. I ate it by the spoonfuls and next time plan on omitting the chicken all together.

-------
That is about all that my brain can handle. This week there will be a fun Kohl's giveaway as well as sharing our favorite art supplies during our "school' time at home.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye