Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The best chocolate chip cookies I ever tasted.



Chocolate chip cookie recipes are one of those things where you go through a million before you find a really good one. It seems strange and unusual for something so simple, but it's true. I, myself, have probably tried over 50 different recipes that swear they are the best, and have been satisfied but not completely convinced. Perhaps it's because everyone's palettes are slightly different and something as simple as a change in sugar quantity completely throws things off.

Whatever the case may be, I, my friends, have found myself my favorite chocolate chip walnut cookie recipe to date.

Chocolate Chip Walnut Recipe
Original recipe found at allrecipes.com

Makes a dozen cookies, double recipe for 2 dozen. 
Ingredients

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick of butter {1/2 a cup} softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon hot water
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup of chopped walnuts

Instructions

1. Preheat to 350

2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. 

3. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. 

4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. Bake for 12 minutes, let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to plate.  
 
----------------------------

You know what I'm also thinking about? Throwing in some peanut butter chips into the mix. Wouldn't that just be phenomenal? I think so.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try these, I also must have gone through 50 recipes and haven't found the one

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye