Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life, pictures, and more.

You know, there's a lot that I want to talk about lately. There are a lot of thoughts bouncing around in my head that I keep telling myself to write down, and yet, fail to do so 95% of the time. I wish I had good reason, but I'll just leave it to the cliche saying of... writer's block. Except, I'm not a write, so call it what it is.

Absent.

I want to write about all these thought out ideas that I have in my head, but instead, I resort to what is easiest and most convenient for me: lists.

Maybe one day I will get back to writing again. To actually writing. Maybe one day I'll get back to scheduling my posts— it is after all what saves me and keeps me going. But that has been a while, and I've almost forgotten how to.

So here we are, another day, another list. And, I'm okay with that.


There's a crazy sunflower growing out our house and it's almost the size of our basketball goal. Elliana planted the seed a couple of months ago, and to say it blossomed is definitely an understatement. It's been great though to see her excitement every time we pull into the driveway. It's also been a great learning opportunity to talk about how the plant needed the sun, soil, and water to grow. And we got plenty of water this summer, that's for sure.

I also have to remember to plant the seed next time somewhere where it isn't such an eye sore. Because seriously, look at that thing!


So these two munchkins and their imagination has been out of control lately. I find them talking about the most random things, acting out different episodes of their shows, and just being the funniest of characters. In real life, in our home. The picture above is of them being "pirates" on their ship {the table} and Elliana is pointing to the shore. Earlier, she even used a headband with a big flower on it, and covered one of her eyes—eye patch. It's seriously the most precious thing I ever did see.

scarves

I may have ordered these kids infinity scarves in every color. Really, I wanted to. How could one resist? And obviously I need matching ones as well so that we could wear them together. I only have so many years left before she tells me... no.


We do a lot of walking around, and it's been really interesting since Graham started preferring to actually walk over the stroller. They know they have to stay either on the sidewalk {when there is one} or right next to the grass, and they do really well with it. I'm always right next to them {except when it was important to snap a picture, obviously}, and it's actually a lot easier and more fun that way also.

This whole mom of two business is finally showing moments of ease. Less physical labor, as I like to say.


E experienced her very first roller coaster ride, and let's just say she is exactly like her mama. A lover of the thrill {but hater of the heights}. She did the whole arms in the air and everything. Pro.


So, I had thought I ordered my photo book from vacation, and turns out I never hit the complete button for the order. Well, that's a good thing because right now they had an addition 20% off sale {on top of the 50% off and free shipping deals and $10 off for everyone}, and I ended up only paying $77 total {including taxes} for my book that originally cost $200. Seriously, AMAZING.

Also? I totally use the auto-populate feature so it took only 10 minutes for the book to be made, then spent 10 minutes going through to make sure heads weren't chopped off. 20 minutes and 110 pages later with 600 pictures and only $77 out of pocket? That's a win-win for me.


Andrew had his fantasy football draft this weekend, which means only one thing... football season is here. Which means another thing.... I won't have a husband on certain days of the week=too many. Man, I so wish I was into this sport. Sadly, I am not.

*
We have the kids' Halloween costumes already and they have worn them no less than 10 times around the house. Now, I want to share, but I will try to hold off. These are outfits that Elliana picked for her and Graham, and I imagine that next year Graham will want to pick his own. No worries, he basically did this year as well.

I'm partial to them, but I think they are pretty darn cute and I'd give them all the candy in the world.

*

G man went to the dentist for the first time {third time for E} and he cried {as expected}, but overall did well. Both A+ reports, so this mama is pretty happy.

*

I cannot wrap my head around the idea of it being September soon and that we are going to be knee deep in all things fall.

Can we say.... Pumpkin Spice Latte....
You know, that only means that.....


Christmas is coming!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lists are just fine...it's easy and effective. I'm with ya...bring on the pumpkin lattes!! My husband also had his draft for fantasy football....ahhhh FALL!!!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye