Sunday, September 6, 2015

Where have I been.


Where have I been. What have I been doing. Why am I not blogging anymore. Will I be stopping?

Those are all questions that I have asked myself in the past month when I have realized that every day that goes by that I don't blog is just another day that pushes me closer and closer to shutting it down completely.

I won't sit here and make every excuse in the book of how I have been so utterly busy that at times I don't even have time to think. Although it's true. I won't even lie and say that the passion and desire to write down our little life story has slowly {quickly} dissipated over time. Because it has. And I won't even mention that preparing for a third baby has been overwhelmingly confusing. I feel like I'm not prepared at all.

I won't do any of those things. I will simply just tell you what is going on.

To begin with, I'm now 36 weeks pregnant. I should probably go back and actually look when the last time I even mentioned my pregnancy, but I'm going to guess it was probably around 10 weeks. Well a lot changes in 10 weeks. We are officially in our 9th month and realistically, the baby may even come between the next 1-4 weeks. That's a really small time frame for a family that has not even chosen a middle name for their little one.



We have, however, chosen a first name. It's been chosen for quite some time, but I just never shared it on social media. Our family and friends did of course know. So a drum roll..... really, not that exciting for anyone but us.... but... it's.....

P o l i n a

It's not a family name, but it is a Russian name that we loved and when we heard it, it was like a no-brainer. That's what she is supposed to be named. The kids call her Poli {sounds like Polly}, and we are loving having a name to the baby that will be blessing our home so so soon.



Pregnancy has been great, but definitely tiring. I think part of the problem is that I am continuing to work full time {nights} while taking care of the kids full time during the day and then squeezing in photography sessions in the mix.

Which by the way, photography has been blooming. Like really really really becoming something bigger than expected. I did two weddings in July {while 7 months pregnant}, and I fell in love with the images I was able to capture. Then had a few family sessions and then another wedding photo shoot {recreation type shoot} just last week. I already have 5 sessions lined up for while I'm on maternity leave, and I absolutely cannot complain about all these opportunities to continue to grow and advance my skills. I think this has definitely taken place of blogging as I am much more passionate about this than ever before.







Back to pregnancy talk. We are all packed up and the car seat is officially installed. Elli keeps talking about the carseat next to hers and how she is going to sing and talk to baby P. It will be interesting to see how Graham reacts to the screaming in the car as well. 

I'm a little over 36 weeks, which means that I am just about to full term. Usually around this time I am already itching for the baby to come, but for some reason I am content with her staying in there longer because I'm not quite sure any of us really even realize that another baby is coming. I mean, it's obvious by my large belly, but it still has not hit us somehow. Not sure how.

Baby nursery. By this time with the other two, I had completed full nurseries. This time around? There was no work to be done. We have decided to keep Graham's nursery {that he hasn't slept in over a year}, just how it is, and not make him a big boy room until P is about a year old. Then we will either consider making the 4th bedroom her room or she can share a room with E as she already has a trundle bed. Not to mention, we plan on moving in a couple years, so we just want to hold off making any drastic changes. Also? She can't read, or tell, nor care. Love how different having a third baby is compared to the first. You really realize what is important and what is not. 

Vacation. We went to hilton head again this year and it was just as great as the years prior. It was relaxing and wonderful all at the same time, even when I was 8 months pregnant. It's exactly what I needed before the arrival of this baby.

  
My goal is to actually sit down and work on a real vacation post and share our pictures and videos like I have done in prior years. Family vacations are so important to us, and I am so happy that we have done this every year for the kids. I know that some of their fondest memories of childhood will most definitely be from the beach. 

For now. There's the update. Not a big one, but just enough to speed things up a bit. 

We are alive. We are doing well. Blogging isn't quite over, just yet. I just need to get my groove back. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I started reading your blog before you were pregnant with E. I too get in a huge blogging rut, and keep pushing off posting until I realize that I have to document my boys lives better, then I cram post after post out. It's such a hard balance to find for sure! Glad you updated and love your sweet baby girls name! http://myblog-hro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you!! So happy you guys are ok!!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye