Friday, May 23, 2014

Stuffed Shells Recipe


If you are looking for an easy, feed {and please} the masses recipe, this is it my friends. Everyone in my family loved it {how could you not}, and I had enough to make 2 large pans {one that I froze}. The first pan fed us 2 dinners {and a lunch} for a family of 4. Basically it can feed a lot!

The original recipe can be found here, but you know... I never follow recipes completely, and this one had too much cheese in it and not enough vegetables, so it was in much need of revision. I cannot compare it to the original because I've only made it once, but I have no reason to make it any differently than the way I did.

Ingredients:

1 package of Jumbo Pasta Shells
2 eggs beaten
1 container of Ricotta Cheese {16 oz}
1 container of Cottage Cheese {15oz}
1 package of Mozarella Cheese {8oz}
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt {probably can do even less}
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 jar pasta sauce
8 ounce sliced fresh mushrooms
1 pepper finely shopped
1 cup of spinach finely chopped

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, cottage cheese, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, parsley, vegetables, salt and pepper until well combined. Stuff cooked shells with mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  4. In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce, and reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells.
  5. Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly and shells are slightly set.
 

***Since my website was stolen, I have been trying to work hard to reach all my lost readers. If you love a post, would you mind sharing--Via facebook, twitter, and pinterest! Thank you!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye