Thursday, February 6, 2014

Boring Random Thursday. What else is new?

I tried a new recipe a couple nights ago for sloppy Joe's and it was a total hit. And SO easy. I forgot to take a picture {you know it didn't happen unless a picture was taken}, but here is where I found the recipe. We use Turkey instead of beef, but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly as is. Also, add coleslaw to the side and you will be set! Did I mention it was quick and easy? Seriously.




These two hooligans have been stir crazy at home. In other words, we have really really bad cabin fever. Yet another snow storm came through here a couple days ago, and I have officially sworn off winter. Me and the rest of the country. In other happier news... we booked our summer vacation!


I am putting together the kids' Valentine's Day baskets, and their books came! They were sent to us by Put Me In The Story and I cannot wait to read it to them. It's personalized with their names throughout the book and has their picture inside. If you are looking for something special, check out Put Me In The Story! {I was sent these books free of charge, but this is my honest opinion and I am not paid to write this}.

Have you seen all these pictures of the toddler napping with his dog? There are probably 30 and they are absolutely adorable!  They sleep in all sorts of different positions, the toddler has the cutest little stuff on, and it just shows how amazing a dog and toddler relationship can be.

Some people have asked on instagram about doing an education post and I just wanted to put out there that I am in the process of working on {as in I have the title, but not anything written yet}. I have done a couple in the past but they have been short and sweet. I would like to put one big one together of all things that we have done from 6months-current. That, my friends, is going to take me a hot second. It will get done. Month of February? That's the goal.

In the meantime, I found some great Valentine's Day worksheets online! This site is full of them, but here is an example of one below.  And for those that are into math already with their older kids, education.com has tons of math Valentine's worksheets that I am loving and printing for when E is able to do them!

Our favorite children's worship CDs are on sale today on Zulily. Elliana has each and every one of these songs on both CDs memorized and it is all we listen to {per request of the toddler} when we are in the car. Would make great Easter basket gifts as well.


Love these boots for only $27! 

Also, 50% off at 1-800-Flowers going on now! Grab yours for Valentine's Day!

And that is all I have friends on this boring Thursday!

***

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I've made something took pictures but forgot to take a picture of the final product ugh there is always next time! Kids love personalized books, Kayden loves the pirate book I made for him I read it at least 5 times a day in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my kids would love those personalized books!! Def going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked out Seeds Family Worship? Great songs that help kids memorize Bible verses! We love them here!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye