Thursday, November 14, 2013

Graham 10 months {October 26th. 2013}



It's hard to believe that we are in the 10th month of your life. That the holidays are right around the corner and that we will be celebrating your first birthday before we know it. It's hard to believe that there was ever a time that you weren't in our lives. That there were mornings that your sister didn't run to your room screaming "he's awake, he's awake." That there weren't races in my kitchen every day between you and your sister and your push toys to see who could go the fastest. So far she wins every time, but you're catching up. You're getting there. You'll be passing her up before you know it. With your determination? I wouldn't be surprised.


It's even harder to believe that you are on the verge of walking {alone}. You already walk around the house with anything {and everything} that you can push, which includes toys, chairs, cars, and so forth. You can go from sitting to standing without any sort of assistance. You have taken about 6 steps on your own, and then you just stop and sit back down. I don't think you're scared as much as you are unsure. I said you'd be walking by your sister's birthday, but now I think you are going to make us wait a little longer. That's okay, we are in no hurry.


As far as statistics go, they are as follows {rough estimates at times}. 
Weight: 20.5 pounds: 25-50% Length: 35inches: 50 %
Head: 50 %. Feet: Size 4 {going on 5}. Clothes: 9-12 months.


You started clapping your hands and now you light up when we ask you to do it, and do it so proudly. When you even hear the mention of the phrase clap your hands, you'll start to do it. You also started to wave hello and goodbye and it is the cutest thing ever.


We have teeth! TEETH! I never thought I would be so excited to talk about teeth. But yes, you have 4, two at the top and two at the bottom and they are so freaking precious I just want to squeeze them out of you.


When you get shy or someone smiles at you or gives you attention, you bury your little head in my arms.


You are an eating machine. Still nursing on demand, and boy do you give on demand a whole new meaning. Sometimes it's every 3-4 hours, most days it is every 2, and other times, it is as often as every hour.


As far as solids go, you are doing much better. You eat table food for every meal, and a pouch or two of purees a day that mama makes for you to squeeze in some vital nutrients in you. You love the ones with the spinach and banana. As does your sister, who tries to steal them from you. So now mama has learned to just make her one as well. You favorite table food is oatmeal and bananas {or any fruit} for breakfast, and eggs here and there. You love some yogurt with a variety of fruit for lunch and your favorite dinner is spaghetti and meatballs. Not so much the spaghetti as the meatballs really.


You have your nights where you will sleep completely through the night, and you have other nights where you wake up 1-2 times. Most of those times just happen to be when I'm off and I think you just wake up realizing that I'm not next to you and so you panic. One of these days {hopefully} we will have more consistent sleep. I have to say though, we do love the fact that some days you will sleep in until 9am.


Naps are going great. You normally take a 1.5-2 hour nap in he morning and a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. Give or take. No three naps. I don't think we will ever get to that routine like we did with your sister simply due to our busy schedules.

For whatever reason, you love to play in the toilet. I know, gross mom. And I'm not sure why I say for whatever reason, because I know exactly why you like to play in the toilet. The same reason you love to play in the bath tub. You LOVE water. Love love love. You love bath tub and freak out when we try to take you out. You freak when mama takes a bath and purposefully throw everything in the tub and then throw your little body over the edge so that your hands touch the water and proceed to splash it all over the place. I'm certain that come summer time you will be pool and beach ready.


When your sissy is on the ipad, you stand behind her or sit beside her and tilt your little head to the side to see what the excitement is all about. I think this is by far my favorite moment between the two of you. I can actually sit there in amazement over the fact that I have two little ones.


You love the park. Love it. You could spend all day there with your sissy if I let you. Unfortunately, these days it requires for us to bundle up in many layers, hats, coats, and all. So we go for 30 minutes at a time, and that seems to please the two of you. You never want to be held at the park, and you just want to explore. I love that about you. About both of you. And I love even more that I get to just watch.


You say: mama, papa, go, caaaa {I think it's car}, Hi {only said a couple times}. Mama is definitely the one you say on a daily basis, multiple times a days. It's always when you are needing me, crawling really fast yelling "ma ma ma ma ma." Then you crawl up my leg. Never fails.


You're not a fan of diaper changes, of sissy tugging on you or giving you bear hugs, or mama being apart from you. You have to see her at all times and most of the time you have to be in her arms.


You love to climb. Climbing machine. You climb on anything, and I imagine as you get older and are able to climb even better and on bigger things, then we will be in big trouble.


This past month has been an absolute joy, son. I still cannot believe that I get to say son. It's a magical thing to have you and your sissy in our lives, and we are so blessed for everyday and moment that we get to spend with you both. We cannot wait to celebrate your birth, and it will be a great day!


We love you to the moon and back, forever and ever to infinity and beyond!
Love,
Mama, papa, and sisy.

8 comments:

  1. They are both adorable! I still cannot believe how similar Abe and Graham are!! Unbelievable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the two of them together...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is he. I can't believe it's been 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he's 10 months old! He looks so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell G to teach my cole to sleep through the night...even 1 day a week would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! He's SO BIG already!!! I feel like I was just reading your updates. Sigh...these babies.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye