Saturday, October 4, 2014

Two books the redefine the meaning of: Book.



Often times we think of books as something that we strictly read. As children we start with picture books, then we add more and more words as we get older, and eventually we dive into books that the only image we will see will be the one that is on the front cover.

I love when we discover books that are outside of what one may expect, and I love even more when they allow us to get creative and think outside of the box.
I have two new books to share with you today: Dino Supersaurus build and Play Box set and Live, Imagine, Draw. Two very different books, but both resulting in the same thing: smiles on kids faces.


The Dino book is obviously great for all the dinosaur loving boys and girls out there. There are 6 dinosaurs for the kids to put together and this is wonderful for the fine motor skills.  The book includes different activities for the kids to work on. I would definitely recommend this book for the older kids, 6+. I have this tucked away on the bookshelf for my little man when he reaches of age to do the actual activities. In the meantime, we pretend play with our dinos.


The second book Live, Imagine, Draw is the perfect example of a book with a different purpose. The purpose being to get those creative juices flowing. There are so many great qualities about this book, and the first one that comes to mind are all the art that went into creating this book, as well as the wonderful quotes to go along.

"Every artist was first an amateur." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

The pages are fun for the kids to draw, write, and imagine– just like the title suggests. For instance, they have a picture of different animals and asks the child to "add some hats to these animals." Do animals wear hats? No. But how fun for the kid to imagine what kind of hat they would wear if they did. Other pages as the child to draw a portrait of themselves, draw a dream, something blue, something old, a journey, and so forth. I would also recommend these books for kids 6-7+, or whenever a parent feels a child is ready.

To be honest? I want to keep it for myself and draw all my wildest dreams and journeys...... however, I still draw in stick figures.

So another two great finds, and really redefine the definition of a book. 

**As part of a blogger for Parragon Book buddies, I received these books to review, however, all opinions stated are that of my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye