Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Mama Juggles Four

You guys are in for a treat today! I am sharing with you one of my favorite mamas, Kelly, on the blog. I have followed her journey since her 3rd baby was little, and onto her pregnancy and delivery of her 4th blessing. She handles motherhood with such grace and it makes me hopeful that one day I too will be able to juggle that many kiddos. Well, husband says three. Maybe four! Read along as I did a little Q&A with Kelly, and see what she thinks about motherhood, marriage, and more!


1. What is life really like with 4 kids? Do you feel like you are ever ahead of the game?
Life with four kids, is very fast paced, very much like a roller coaster....plenty of ups and downs. We are always on the go and in the off chance we get a night with nothing on the schedule, we love hanging out at home, eating dinner together and watching America's Funniest Home Videos. 
I am one to stay on top of this as much as possible, so that I don't get 'behind the game of life.' Most days flow pretty well and we all stay on schedule, though there are days I feel like I just can't keep up.

2. What are some of the best tips/resources to managing your busy life? 
-Stay organized and keep on schedule! Kids adapt so well to a schedule. Knowing what should be coming next in their day and roughly what time it is, due to repetitive schedule, keeps kids happier in knowing that they know how their day is going to go. 
-Don't sweat the small stuff! Spilled milk, mud on the carpet, extra dirty clothes....life goes on and they are kids! They are learning, just like we did as kids and they strive off love, encouragement and lessons learned.
-Keep a family calendar! I have a big white board one in our kitchen.The kids stuff in one color, birthdays in another, sports and events in another. The kids and the hubby all stay informed and if it isn't on the calendar, chances are it won't happen.



3. What are your favorite date nights or things you do with your husband during alone time?
Date nights with four kiddos are rare, but definitely a must to a great marriage! We love dinner and a movie for our staple date night. We actually enjoy shopping together, in the off chance we get to go sans kids. We love hitting up a Twins game alone or even on a double date. By far, one of my favorite 'alone' times with the hubby is weddings...dinner, dancing, talking and reminiscing!

4. What are you looking forward to in the future?
- Watching my kiddos grow older and grow into their personalities. 
- Traveling with my family! Camping, road trips, vacations & sporting events!
- My 10 year anniversary September 2014. I hated my wedding photos, so we are doing them again. Me in a dress, him in a tux and memories made all over again!
- Moving in the next year-ish, to a home that fits our family better and one where we can stay and raise our kids!


5. Is 4 the final number, or can we expect more?
We are done! I love a big family, but my body couldn't take another baby. I hope by the time I have 'baby fever,' my brother and SIL will be having babies! I love my family of 6 and couldn't imagine it any other way!

6. Why do YOU blog?
- I love documenting our life.
- I have made amazing relationships with other women.
- I love hearing about how other mama's deal with daily 'issues' in raising their children.
- I love getting great ideas from other mamas and families.
- I love writing about our life's experiences.
- Being a part of the 'blog world' is amazing!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye