Friday, June 14, 2013

This & That

Currently THIS

Elliana has been so funny these past two weeks. You know how toddlers do weird things sometimes, and you go... I wonder why she does that? Well, I've had a lot of those moments lately. Recently, Elliana has decided that she wants to take her little "baskets" everywhere and anytime we have to leave the house she says, "Oh no mama, where my baskets? We need to take my baskets with us." Okay, sure we do. And we do. What are in those baskets? Cars, crayons, little nick-nackey things.

Graham has been super fussy lately when it comes to going to sleep. I think his teeth are really bothering him. The teeth that are bound to make an appearance any day now. So interesting how different babies are. With Elliana? We never knew when she was "teething." In fact, I would even go as far as to say she never was. They just showed up one and she was all... "What's the big deal?" With G, it's a complete different story.

We have spent our days this past week going to the pool {for hours on end}, park, the zoo, library, and strawberry picking. As E gets older, we are just loving how expressive and excited she gets with each activity, so naturally... we keep busy. And I wouldn't change that for the world. Plus, G gets exposed to so much more at this age than E ever did.


I've been really taking in time lately. What does that mean? You know, just really trying to get a grasp on time. I don't know if its the warm weather or the fact that my babies are getting older, but I've really caught myself saying over and over again how fast time is going by and how I can't seem to be ahead of it. I guess you never can truly be ahead {I've talked about this before, recently actually}, but I'm just so very much aware of it now. After all, we are almost into the middle of June.


Read That

10 things to stop saying to kids. I'm kind of neutral on this topic. At first, I wanted to like the article. Actually, scratch that, I do like the article. Why? Because it really made me think deeper about what we say to our children. Now, this is a topic that Andrew and I have had since Elliana was born. Well, even since before I was pregnant. About how what we say and how we act is so important. So, that being said, it's not a new topic of discussion. However, I have a lot to say about this topic and decided to write a post on it. Read the article first though, and I'll share my side later.

Made This

Well, actually, Andrew did. He had been craving homemade strawberry shortcake since we went strawberry picking at a local farm, so Sunday night... he did just that. I have it say, it was the best strawberry shortcake I ever did have. Recipe? Sure, why not! Here-->Strawberry Shortcake Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

VIDEOTAPED THAT

Elliana has really been into singing lately. In fact, there are multiple videos on my phone, on the daily, with her singing adventures. Is there anything sweeter than a toddler's singing voice? Seriously.

You have to watch this one. It will brighten your day. I guarantee it!

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS

Link up Monday for Blogging with a Purpose {Show & Tell}. The topic is Who I am. You can go off that however you'd like. Read more here.

SNAPPED THAT


My precious little man at my sister's graduation. I mean seriously.... I can stare at him forever.

OH AND ON THAT NOTE...

Pretty please take a second to vote for this sweet girl so that she wins! It's as easy as two simple steps!  Go here and like the Ubooly page and the picture of precious Alea! Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Believe me, the more kids you have the faster time goes! But I think I have learned to enjoy it more too. I can not believe how much hair Graham has! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here with the teething. With my daughter we never knew and with my son...yikes! Little man is in pain. I go with the theory that womapen can handle more pain than men

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest little video ever! :) She has a great voice! I'm with you on time passing by so quickly and being more aware of it... I think having kids does that to you. Oh, and our Abe (1 week older than Graham) has been having some teething pain, too. I don't remember my Eli and Emma having so much trouble, but this little fella has had a touch of diarreah for about a month and you can tell that his teeth are hurting him. :( His bottom right just broke through, but I can feel it (especially when nursing) more than see it right now! Hopefully these boys will get used to it soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye