Monday, July 1, 2013

5 Years From Now; Blogging with a Purpose

5 Years From Now...

I hope to have new furniture. To replace the snot-filled, food stained, baby vomit {I'm sure} couches. Don't tell our family and friends. But thinking about it now, thinking about what 5 years looks like from today? It will probably involve yet another little snot-filled-booger-butt-baby, and so new furniture? Psh. Get out of here

Which brings me to:

I hope to have our family complete. Whether it is complete now or not, I don't know. But I hope in 5 years I will know. I think...I'm pretty sure... that there is another child that is missing from our family. But I don't know that for certain. Ask me in about 5 years? By then I should know.

I hope to have all our "home" projects completely finished. Everytime we think we are done, something always pops up. Will we still be in the same home we are in now? I hope so. I want to save save save as much money as possible, and being here is the best way for us to get that much closer to our dream home.

I hope to have more debt paid off. I cannot say it will all be paid off, not in 5 years, that's for sure, but I sure hope that we will be that much closer. I always hope for financial stability and we have made some great decisions lately that leads me to believe we will get there. One day.

I hope that my children and husband are healthy, happy, and with hearts full of love. I hope that they continue to experience happiness and joy and create memories from the little things in life.

I hope to continue to be working as an ICU nurse. I hope to maybe go down to 2 nights a week instead of 3 so that maybe I can get back to knowing what real sleep feels like. Maybe. I hope to not ever forget why I do this and continue to have the passion and drive to help others.

I hope to be a better mother. There is always room for improvement. I hope that I am always challenging myself to learn more and in the end be better for these little ones that I love so terribly much. My children will be the ages of 7 and 5. Saying that right there kind of takes me back for a moment. Me? A mom of a 7 and 5 year old? How is that possible. I hope to learn and grow from my experiences as a mother. I hope that 5 years from now, my children will truly understand the love that I have for them.

I hope to be a better wife. Because there is always room for improvement. Am I repeating myself here? I hope that by the time our children are older, Andrew and I will feel more comfortable leaving them for a night so we can get away. More often, I should say.

I hope that bedtimes will be easier. I kind of threw this in after I started writing the better wife deal. Because you know what? We spend about 2 hours doing the whole bedtime gig and that is 2 hours I could be snuggling on the couch with my love. Instead? I end up passed out by 9pm.

I hope I'll embrace the age of.... drumroll... 31. Almost 32. I hope that the 30's are just as great, if not better, than my 20's. I hope to continue to treat my body as it should and in return have my health to live another 50+ years. Because I want to be able to see my grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I hope to capture more of our life on video. It's a new adventure for me, and I want so badly to get that video camera out more and 5  years from now be able to look back on the days when my babies were... babies.

I hope that even when I stop blogging {which is a high possibility}, that I will still have an outlet to turn to. To write my thoughts and continue our story. Although it's nothing magnificent or exciting in the eyes of a stranger, it's still our story and one that I want to always remember.
 
For a list of the weeks topics to come visit here.
Next week: My Biggest Weakness

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having this! I'm really enjoying writing and reading everyone's posts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. New furniture! I forgot that one on my list!! Well, I put a new and bigger house for our growing family, and I would hope to just burn this snotty furniture on the curb when we leave this one...although its where I sat and held my little guy so many nights...i start to feel sentimental about it...

    Don't stop blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...my link won't show up, it worked last week for me. Linky says it loaded it and won't let me do it again. let me know if I need to fix something on it!http://www.godwillfillthisnest.com/2013/06/52-weeks-of-blogging-with-purpose-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for an awesome link up Becky - your topics are challenging but so clever too! Love reading your goals and aspirations for you and your sweet family x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graham is unbelievable handsome! I decided both your children are your mini-yous. And trust me, your thirties are WAAAAY better than your twenties!!!! You have so much amazingness to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if home projects ever get completely finished. Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying both your posts, writing my own, and this linkup! Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graham is getting so big! I too hope we will be more financially stable and done with expanding our family. On to the next phase right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't stop blogging! I love reading about you and your family :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be 40 next month, from experience your 30s have a LOT of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little ones are so cute and these are great goals!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes
    Don't forget about the switch to BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much heart required for this prompt! Absolutely loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye