Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What To Take to The Beach with a Toddler


1. Lightspeed Sun Shelter Tent I don't know how we ever survived without one. And I tell you what, we definitely could have never made it with kids without one. Last year, Elliana would be able to be at the beach anywhere from 3-4 hours at a time. I mean, content, happy baby girl. Not just there. As a mom, I also had a piece of mind of knowing that she was always under a SPF 50 tent and would have that added protection for her skin.

2. California Baby SPF 50+ Fragrance Free Sunscreen Speaking of protection, there is just no way to go out into the dangerous sun rays without grabbing the sunscreen. And always remember to reapply, reapply, reapply! Especially after getting wet. Sunscreen is also not recommended for babies under 6 months of age, and you must first consult your pediatrician before trying. This is due to the babies' skin being very fragile and sensitive.

3. Kids Beach Chair & Umbrella Not a must by any means, but definitely nice to have. Especially with the umbrella. Now, of course, this all depends on how old your toddler is and whether they are even capable of sitting in a chair for longer than 10 seconds. Ahem.

4. Beach toys I mean, what else will you keep them busy with? Sand? Ha.

5. Little swimmers These are our favorite for the diapered babies. Elliana wore these last years and we never had any issues. I have since opted to do the same with G, and so far, so good.

6. PUDDLE JUMPERS . I bought this for Elliana last year and we loved it then, but we love it even more now that she actually fits in it pretty well. She is able it float with it great, and actually prefers to have it on. With the ocean being one scary place, we don't plan to ever take that off when she is near the water!

7. Kid beach towels Because everyone knows beaches get nasty and sandy and sticky. Not that a towel fixes all that. But, you know.

8. Spray mist fan Mainly for the baby to keep cool, and for myself. I plan on getting a few of those battery operating fans.

9. Healthy snacks Which I should have mentioned here to have a cooler. Lots of ice packs. You will need them. Bring non-perishable ones, or if you have a cooler throw in a lunch!

10. Thermos Beach Cups Lots and lots of water, and these thermos ones are awesome for keeping the water or whatever else inside cool!

11. Beach kite and 12. Beach ball

13. The Best Wagon EVER We use this for everything, including every day hauls to the beach. Every day! Life saver, I tell you what! Remember? I wrote about how the wagon changed my life... here.

3 comments:

  1. To get sand off my kids' bodies, I sprinkle baby powder on them right after we leave the beach area, then brush it off with my hands or a towel. Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes baby powder works wonders for getting sand off! It's my fav trick for the beach

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye