Saturday, July 13, 2013

Now

I'm writing from my phone. Why? Because Andrew put the computer bag all the way in the back of the car with all sorts of junk surrounding it. In other words, I can't reach it. Andrew says I blame people for things. Specifically him. I tell him he's right. I've done that all my life.

Lose my phone- Mom! What did you do with my phone. Lost my keys- Dhasha, you must have moved them when you were in my room! Late to the party- You were distracting me while I was driving so I missed my exit.

 Honestly, half of the time, I don't even realize that I am doing it. When I do though, or when someone points that out to me, then almost always I let out a snicker, an apology (sometimes, but always never enough), and a personal lecture in my head to stop doing it.

 Do I stop? No. You see, like I mentioned earlier, I've been doing it all my life. It's one of those "old habits" that is just too hard to break. I laugh about it because I'm just shocked that I'm so quick to blame others. I tell Andrew that he married into that. I joke that that's just who I am and will continue to be.

 The truth though? I really want to work on it. And in reality, it's not so much the blaming others part as it is just me getting flustered aspect of it all. I get heated, and irritated. Like yay me who gets to lose her stuff all the time. Yay, me.

Anywho , I got completely off tangent here. I started this post to talk about our vacation. The one that we are driving towards. The one where we will celebrate being at the beach as a family of four for the first time.
That one.
We have been driving for 4 hours now. E just woke up, and G woke up briefly, played around with his toy, and went back to sleep. We haven't had to stop yet, and that's pretty darn impressive. Although, I'm not going to say I expect that out of the rest of the car ride. We know better than that.
I've slept as well. Andrew said I would be his "navigator for the trip." You know, the person that reads the directions off to him (boring). So much for that. I took a little nap instead. Hoping my pink eye would go away.
Oh yes, that's right, I have pink eye. Figures. Isn't that how life seems to work sometimes? We get ready to start a beautiful week with our family on the beach, and I get to start it by having someone stab me in the eyeballs. Well. You get what I'm saying.
So that's where we are at. I blame others, I'm a bad navigator, the kids (and husband) are behaving, and my eyes hate me.
Did I leave anything else out?
Didn't think so. Sent from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. We're in the car too! Bulldog, 3 yr old, 5 month old, on our way from TX to Chicago . PRAYING for a smooth trip. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave mama! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, have a wonderful trip. I also always blame my husband when I can't find things. Old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I do the same thing.

    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I hope your eye feels better!! That's not a fun way to start off your trip. Hope you have an amazing trip though :D
    I know the blame game, it's an old habit of mine too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog. Thanks for the follow on twitter. This post of yours cracked me up because my husband tells me the same thing. He's the only one I ever blame for stuff though. Everything is his fault lol.

    Charity
    The Word of A Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always blame someone else...usually my husband. Sometimes that turns into full blown fight. When that happens I kind of appreciate it because it brings me back to reality and then I work on it...until it starts happening again.

    Have fun on your trip and hopefully the pink eye goes away.

    http://tracistrip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed you typed that whole post on your phone! Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beach trip last year when you were pregnant with G is when I first started following your blog! Enjoy your vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're definitely not the only one to blame others too often- I do it all the time! I hope your pinkeye goes away so you can enjoy your vacation :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're having a great time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye