Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Hope They Love Each Other Forever


I hope they always look out for each other.
That they confide in one another.
That they pick the other up when they're down.
Learn the beauty of laughing together.
Creating memories together.
And cherishing each moment together.

I hope they always know the importance of family.
The value of a sibling.
To not take one another for granted.
To say proudly..."He's my brother. Or That's my sister."
To remember that at the end of the day, no matter what fight, no matter what disagreement, that family is family. You stick up for one another. Be proud to be the other's sibling.

I hope that they remember to take time for another.
As they get older. As their lives, interests, and hobbies shift when they get older. I hope they still remember. To make that time.
To not just be siblings. But to also be friends. To know each other better than anyone else. To want to ask each other questions. To say how are you. And really mean it.

I hope that they love each other.
Really love each other.
Not just because... "hey that's my brother, so I love him." But because deep in their heart they could never imagine their life without them. That they look forward to seeing each other. That they look forward to the time together. That they love who the other person is. For all that they are and all that they stand for.

I hope they love each other forever. I know they may not always like each other. That fights will ensue. That tears will be shed. And arguments will be heard. They may have moments where they cannot stand one another. Moments where they need that separation. But at the end of the day... I hope they love each other. Forever.

I say forever because one day I will be gone. One day they may only have one another. And I hope that they always remember to love one another. Through it all.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sure they will, especially as there close in age!! Hope my son and next baby love each other like you can tell your 2 already do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post. I have a pretty good relationship with my siblings. I think they will!

    (I have an off-topic question... my daughter started requiring us to lay with her so she can fall asleep for naps and bedtime. Do you have any advice on how to deal with that? What happens if you have to leave her with a babysitter?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just tooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye