Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life Lately.

8.16.12
-Purchased a day bed for miss priss. Big girl remodel in the making. Hopefully this will convince Elliana that her room is all sorts of fun, and sleeping in an actual bed is what all the cool kids are doing. Why? Because ever since we got back from vacation, she has decided that she will only sleep on the floor, on ten million pillows, with me next to her, in our room.  Yes, I am making her room fabulous. 

-Speaking of remodel. We are still in the "remodel" stages of our master. The bedroom part is mainly done with the exception of crown molding and some "art pieces." And a chair. And.. okay, never mind, not almost done. And the bathroom? Definitely in the making. I'm ordering a few pieces soon and will be having a big reveal once we finish. I'm thinking of getting this thing below {see image below} for over the toilet. I guess, this thing, has an official name... but the point is, anyone have experience with one of these? Loved it? Hated it? I need something.

-Gender reveal! On the off chance that you live under a rock {or the complete opposite}...I announced the sex of the baby earlier this week! It's a boy... in case you couldn't tell :)

-Thinking of doing a blog sale with all of Elliana's junk I mean stuff, I mean a gazillion amounts of clothes. What do you friends think? A go? The only downfall is that I actually have to take pictures of this stuff... load them on my computer... and figure out all the details. That requires time. Time which is not on my side.

-Link up next Monday. Did you see my announcement on the "Show & Tell" link-up? If not, click here for more info. I am testing the waters here... hopefully you guys like the idea and will join in! Also there is an incentive to win $50.00 Erin Condren gift card!

-Made my first boy purchase at Macy's the other night! It was glorious. They were having a huge sale, all rompers 2.99 + 20% off AND free shipping! Needless to say I grabbed lots of goodies for the baby boy for next summer. Including these cute things.

-I had a big blog milestone yesterday where I officially reached 2,000 GFC followers. I am just so amazed every day by this blogging community and continue be inspired to continue on. So as a thank you, I am putting together a giveaway on the blog! I can't wait to share.


-Vacation pictures and updates to come. I am working out those details now. Boy does this require some time... seeing as how I took SO many! Apologies in advance. And couple pictures as a form of I'm sorry for taking so long.




-Okay guys lets talk Life Insurance!....Hold on. Listen to me carefully. When I met the Roses while I was on vacation I was totally intrigued by this amazing couple and was introduced to the "Life Insurance Movement" that Mandy's husband Jeff is doing on his financial blog. He is looking for mama bloggers to join in! And as an incentive... there is a large giveaway including an ipad, $100.00 amazon gift card, and more! Go here to read the details and join in on Wednesday, August 22nd. It's as easy as making a blog post or vlog. And I think Life Insurance is SO important. I'll write about our take on this on Wednesday :)

-A cute video of Elliana and her puppy dog. Too cute for me not to share.

-I'm going to try to squeeze in a bump attack post tomorrow. I know I am a couple weeks late and its much needed, but a warning, it will probably be on the later side... if not maybe on Saturday. But it will be there. Tomorrow morning will be a sponsor highlight in a cute new way that I am testing out, be sure to come back to take a look :)

I apologize for the over-abundance of smiley faces. It's been a great week. ::smiley face::

27 comments:

  1. I love the name of the blog sale...and you should totally do it. Just add more money to the big-girl room remodel. :)

    And those little boy rompers are adorable. I also have one of each... and let me be the 5,678th person to tell you, that there is something special between a mom and her little boy.

    Congrats to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those things behind the toilet in my bathroom. We don't have a lot of space so I love it. I put extra rolls of toilet paper on it when we have a party so people don't go through my messy closet. Also, I keep all my hair products in there. It is a mess, but I just close the doors and no one knows! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang. I wish I wouldve known about that sale. Cruze needs clothes badly. Cute pic of elliana. Can't wait to see more of your trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love one of those organizer things for the toilet area of my bathroom but coincidentally that's where the builder put a hand towel thing and if I try to move it, it'll tear the wall apart. But I hear they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should totally go for the blog sale-I sold a few of Addie's things last year on the blog and it was totally worth it!!! We too are in the middle of making Addie a big girl room...I'm super nervous about how well she will do staying in the bed...time will tell:). Thanks for the vacation pic sneak peek...adorable as always!! Can't wait to see your master bedroom redo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video of Elli is just about the cutest video ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE her new bed! I hope she will too :) You should def do a blog sale--- you could always group items and make it maybe slightly easier. Like 6 outfits of the same size as a bundle?! Just a thought!

    Looking forward to all the excitement coming up on your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love her bed. i hope she will :-D, Elliana's blog sale is brilliant idea... Elli and Carson- CUTE!!! thank you for shared xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope the transition to a big girl bed goes well, were still trying to decide when to switch Keira over before or after the baby is here. love the idea of a clothes sale. those little boy rompers are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. that bed is soooo cute. i had a day bed..when i was younger.
    i have that thing over the toilet, i love it; it is very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her new bed is adorable! She will love it!! Congrats on 2,000 followers- that is huge girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the boy! And on 2,000 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just died laughing when I read "Elliana Blog Sale not the child, the clothes". HAHA! I think you should totally do it! I may need to purchase some of her cute stuff for my bestie that is about to have a baby girl this next month. Can NOT wait to see your bedroom and bathroom reveal! Thank you so much for giving a shout out to the life insurance movement! So thankful that you are going to participate! Ok, one last thing...what program do you edit your pics in? I know we talked picmonkey, but I can't find anything in picmonkey to make the background as blurred as you are?? HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new daybed for the little one! And the thing for over the toilet... we just purchased one for our teeny tiny master bath... and I seriously could not see having another bathroom without one!! Unless of course the new master is giant with lots of cabinet space! Love the beach photo! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woop-woop! Thanks for the shout out about my life insurance movement!

    For other mommy's, I'd love to have you on board. I've made it really simple to take part and as Becky mentioned, we're giving away great prizes just for taking part (new iPad, Google Nexus, Amazon Kindle Fire, and Dr. Dre Beats headphones - holla!)

    You can see the details here: here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting to buy one of those things for our bathroom too... I just haven't found one I could see liking for a long time, I always find something wrong {I'm extremely picky when it comes to remodeling our house :/}

    The Blog Sale sounds like an awesome idea... I would definitely be back buying some goodies for my cousin's little baby girl!! :)

    Congratulations again on your little boy, so exciting!!

    <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pics! Soo looking forward to the blog sale!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats on baby boy!! i just love that big girl bed so cute...can't wait to see how her room turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that daybeds for little girls, I had one growing up and loved it.

    As for life insurance I have a policy on myself, we've been trying to get one on my husband but b/c of past medical issues he keeps getting denied coverage which is really pissing me off.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Life lately around your house seems pretty amazing. Hope you and Andrew enjoyed your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally live under a rock, YAY for a little boy!!! That is so exciting, Becky!!

    Also, can't wait to see E's big girl room. Tyler and I are already thinking about Guinevere's :) And I would totally check out your clothes sale if you do one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hell yes to the blog sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You will have so much fun redoing E's room! Bella's crib converts so I will prob not get to do a redo until she goes to a full size bed, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The organizer above/behind the toilet is an atagere. I had one for the past decade but have simplified my bathroom and moved it out. Congrats on a boy. TREASURE EVERY MOMENT. I cannot stress it enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The organizer above/behind the toilet is an atagere. I had one for the past decade but have simplified my bathroom and moved it out. Congrats on a boy. TREASURE EVERY MOMENT. I cannot stress it enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Elliana is so cuuute! I love the bed that you bought for her, it's so girly, so cute. Hope she'll sleep in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can I just tell you that your pregnant body still looks better than my non-pregnant one - unbelievable. I wish I would have known about that sale, not that we need anything, but it still would have been a great time to shop. I LOVE rompers, they're so easy and cute. We only have a few, but they get a ton of use.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye