Friday, August 24, 2012

Bump Attack 20 weeks

8.24.12

I just cannot believe that we are at the halfway point. At the same time... I cannot believe we are only at the halfway point. Does this make any sense? December/January seems so far away... but at the same time, I feel like I went from 3 weeks to 20 in the blink of an eye.

So overall? This week? Great week. Again, the nausea/sickness is completely gone. I'm not fatigued like I used to be. And I just feel great. Now, I do have to say I feel pregnant this time around. With Elliana? I always just felt F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S, and this time? I feel a little large in the belly region.

The great thing is I have only gained 7lbs this pregnancy. By 20 weeks with E, I had already gained 20 pounds. But again, I feel more pregnant this time around.

Also wanted to make note of the fact that I have felt Baby Boy move every day, multiple times a day, and very very pronounced. I know last week I had mentioned that it wasn't so obvious... and I guess he didn't like me saying that, because it's definitely quite obvious now.

Okay. Seriously. Saying baby boy and he is getting me all sorts nervous. Me? A boy mama? Someone hold me. I am so over the moon excited, and at the same time... feel like I'm brand spankin' new at this!

Funny thing Elliana did this week was walk over to the kitchen table where I was sitting with my belly hanging out, stuck out her little finger, touched my belly and said "Caillou." I think I almost fell out of that chair. Husband and I have been joking about the fact that when this baby comes she is going to call him Caillou, and here she is... doing just that. Except, he isn't even here yet!

Husband is doing wonderful as well. He is all nervous as always about things. Wanting to make sure everything is okay with the baby. Nervous about being a boy papa as well. Just the typical Andrew. It's pretty cute. He is also obsessing over names. Hello difference. He was never that way with E. Well.. then again, we had her name picked out at like 11 weeks. Before we even knew it was a girl. Regardless, he wants to name this child...

And I have a feeling the name will be special. Just saying :)

28 comments:

  1. You look great. Your pregnancy seems to be going by so fast. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow and am ready to have my baby girl. Cant wait to hear what name you pick for your sweet little guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful, mama! I totally laughed when you wrote that E called your belly Caillou. She is so funny!

    And don't worry about being a new "boy mom." Your instincts will kick in and it will feel like you've known what to do all along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be a great boy mama :) I can't wait to "meet" him--and hear what Andrew picks up for his name. I'm sure it will be super special and you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear HIS name!!!! Jer and I have had a boy named picked out forever and thought girl names were much harder!! We always joke that if we decide to have more, we will prob have all girls since to us boy names are easier! Haha

    You look great!! Can't believe you are already 20 weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look fabulous! I love your dress. I am too ready for fall

    I love that E called him Cailou

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, girl - I love all of the cute dresses you've been sporting in these bump attacks....too cute!!! I'm glad you are feeling better..i didnt have the morning sickness but i do remember being SSOO tired when I was pregnant with Addie and have no energy to do anything!!!

    Can't wait to hear what you guys decided for baby boy's name:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous girl!
    I hope when I get preggers, I am still rocking it like you : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have felt the same way. So far I'm weighing less than when I was pregnant last time, but I started feeling pregnant sooner, and showed even earlier. I also felt this baby move earlier and she is more active on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should really pose for a preggo magazine. You are the cutest preggo I have ever seen. 1/2 mark, can't wait to 'meet' the little bambino!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dying over Caillou! OMG how sweetly adorable!!!! And I feel the need to reiterate what everyone else is saying, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, you are absolutely glowing! I love reading your bump attack posts because of the little tidbits that you share with your readers! I can't wait to see what your family decides to name the little one. You picked a beautiful name for your daughter, btw! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bump posts are some of my faves, I love hearing all the details you share with us readers :) You look absolutely fabulous! I bet it feels totally brand new to know you're going to have a boy, sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are looking so great (as usual)! glad to hear you're not tired or nauseous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous as always. This last 1/2 will totally fly by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bump!!! I seriously hope I look half as good as you while pregnant! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and baby boy are too cute for words! Love that you are talking boy names...I am dying to know what you will call HIM! Parker called Bents "Baby CG" for the first 6 months of his life. Calilou or Baby CG...this little boy will have such a wonderful big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think had I known I was expecting a boy, i would have been really nervous. Throughout my whole pregnancy I kept thinking I was having a girl. Now? I couldn't imagine anything else! Boys are tons of fun, and you'll have a great time with your SON and DAUGHTER!! Pressure will be off for gender on any future pregnancies:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the cutest maternity dresses! So exciting that you're halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cannot believe you are halfway! So exciting! You look fantastic and I love that you can just keep wearing cute dresses. Nice!

    My one boy advice (that you didn't ask for) don't buy those pee pee teepees. Someone gave us some and they are silly. A simple washcloth will do the trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look fabulous as usual. I cannot believe you are 1/2 way there! I can't wait to meet the guy and snuggle him! Even if you don't invite me. I shall come anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great!! I can't believe it's been 20 weeks for you already too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sure that a million people have told you, but being a boy mom is awesome. I love that she called him Caillou

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look fabulous!! I keep saying it but you have a great sense of style. Always hard to find the perfect outfit to match this bump ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can NOT wait to hear names :) i love love love Elliana and can only imagine what cute ones you have for baby boy!!! Halfway is such an awesome milestone weather it be your 1st or your 2nd baby ;) glad you are feeling well

    ReplyDelete
  25. i seriously can't believe you are halfway there!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye