Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Randoms

Two weeks in a row. I have bumped my Thursday randoms to Friday. Other posts took precedence. And maybe I will make this a trend. I feel as though lots of things seem to happen on Thursdays, and then I can't talk about them until the following Friday.

No promises. Just throwing it out there.

Randoms? Short and sweet today. I have a lot going on. P.S. Next week is the home tour!


Last weekend, Andrew and I went out to dinner with a friend of mine and her boyfriend. It was the first time meeting the BF of hers, and it was a very nice dinner. We all enjoyed ourselves, had a few good laughs, and drank a good amount of cocktails. Although, I have to say mine were not doing their job. Two tall glasses of vodka cranberry and I still see straight. So we have to make up for it the next time we get together.
For the first time in {almost} 4 years of working, I have never messed up my schedule and came in on a day that I wasn't to be working. But last night? I did just that. And of course, the one night that they don't need, I come in. So as I am walking out the door to go home {I should have ran}, I run into a nurse that was walking in, who so happened to have an awful night the night before, and begged for me to work for her. I was already there, hell, why not.

And on this awful day, I experienced the biggest jerk EVER. More on that later.

I was sitting here typing this post. And since I have ADD, my attention span is just about nothing. So I decide to "browse the internet"... aka shop. I start at zulily. Then I head over to Totsy. Two of my favorite mama/baby sites. And then I decide to look at my Totsy credit {for shats and giggles}... only to be stunned by a $700.00 credit. Um hello Elliana Christmas shopping. And my nephews. They are set! They have the cutest stuff on sale right now too. Baby piano's, baby aviators, summer shoes, you name it! Gah. LOVE. And if you are a new member, click this link and get free shipping on your first order!
Speaking of Totsy. Using my credit, I just stocked up on New Balance leggings, lounge pants, and tanks! Most everything is 50%. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, if you are a new member, you get free shipping on your first order. I also bought a baby processing food center {for next baby}, maxi dress, and stuff for E. Go check it out for yourself.
 The count is in guys. 635 love stories. I have no words for this. Speechless. I took an idea and you guys made it happen. And although I planned to go through each and every single one and comment on each one, life just doesn't allow that. So in the next month, I will just bounce around saying hello :)  . I hope you guys enjoyed reading the love stories as much as I have!

Thank you again. And if you haven't hopped around, go ahead and do so, I left the link-up open for now!

Focus your eyes on that scrumptious pork chop on that plate. Because it is the best thing I ever did taste {of a pork chop}. I tried this recipe last week, and we {husband and I} instantly fell in love. It is the perfect mixture of sweet and spicy.
You can find the recipe here on my pinterest. If you don't like spicy, I would suggest omitting the red pepper, or cutting it in half. People who have tried that say that it was great also! Let me know if you try it :)    I'm making it again next week {because I have to wait 2 weeks to repeat a recipe, haha!}


Speaking recipes of recipes, I feel as though I have shared a lot with you guys lately, and was hoping to have a place on the blog where they are easily accessible to the public. What do you guys think of me adding a RECIPE TAB to my navigation bar with my recipes and then updating it weekly with recipes that I have tried, etc, and keep it in some sort of organized fashion. Thoughts?

19 comments:

  1. I have jumped out of bed on a Saturday freaking out because I thought I was late and called my boss to say I was on my way and she was like "umm.. honey, it's saturday" haha. And please tell me how in the world you have a $700 credit on totsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy $#!+ 600+ love story link ups!? You are my blog idol! Teach me how to be as awesome as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the recipe tab too! Helps people find the food from Food Fridays on my blog. All in ONE place. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there im already on totsy but send me an invite to my other email erica@bemyvalentin.com and I will join so you get some more credit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that would be awesome if you had a recipe tab! I love trying out new recipes and you seem like you have a lot of them! I just put a recipe tab on my blog but now I need to take pics as I cook so i can put the recipes there!

    I LOVE those websites! I have gotten some really good deals too! I started buying holiday presents for next year the week after the holidays! I found SO many things 70-80% off I just could't pass on the deals!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love it if you had a recipe tab! I love cooking and I'm always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love for you to link up your random post to mine!
    http://curtisandtheparents.blogspot.com/2012/02/thursday-night-thoughts.html

    Yum that pork chop looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Recipe tab? Yes, please! I love finding new things to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes please for the recipe tab! :D

    i love to reading people's love story. so sweet stories

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap that is a lot of love stories... good job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much love for your linkup!! And I've seen so many people linkup throughout the week!

    Have a great weekend! Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude! A $700 credit?!?! That is insane. Welcome to true stories of blogging paying for itself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went over to Totsy and signed up and...yep...I fell in love. So thanks. Thanks for my new addiction. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um. Yes, please to the recipe tab! You always have yummy looking dinners! And also, I am struggling to find healthy meals we can share with the babe (since we still have no toothies) Share the secrets please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is awesome to get a $700 credit! I had to repin your pork chops those look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. recipe tab..yes please! I'm always looking for new recipes! btw you are like wonder woman..working nights..time for your hubby and princess..cooking..friends..and blogging (not to mention sooo much more i'm sure) i'm just getting into the swing of this and it's hard to find that balance and i sure do look up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Say what?!?! How in the world do you get a $700 credit?!? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for leaving the link up open, I linked mine up this morning :)

    I think the recipe tab would be great! I love finding new recipes, and having a tab for it would help it not "take over" your blog..

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye