Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our love story; LINK-UP

LINK UP NOW through VALENTINE'S DAY

I am so excited to open up this link-up to you guys and read your love stories. It's one of my favorite things to read when I look at a blog, and it's a great way for me to get to know my readers more. And for you to get to know us more. If you don't already know some of these things... here they are! You can either just tell us your love story, or there are questions that are listed for you below to grab and answer. Our love story is right below the questions. Hope you enjoy :)

Taken Ladies

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Single Ladies 

1. What is the best date you have ever been on?
2. What is the worst?
3. Have you dated a complete woozie before? If so, tell us more!
4. What do you plan on doing this V-DAY?
5. Show us something that you are loving these days.
6. Do you prefer chocolates and roses, or jewelry?
7. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
------------------------------------------------- 

**You are also more than welcome to just share your love story with us however you'd like. But the questions are there to give everyone kind of a similar ground. Totally up to you! Either way we want to know it!!
-------------------------------------------------

Our Love Story

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Andrew and I celebrated our 6 year "together" anniversary on January 30th.
2. How did you meet?
SHORT VERSION: We met our freshmen year {second semester} at Purdue University. I had switched roommates my second semester {because the my original roommate and I had clashed}, and decided to room with a complete stranger

On one of the first weekends back to school, my new roommate Laura and I had gone to two separate parties. When we came home around 1 am, she asked if two of her good guy friends growing up could come over for a little bit? "Um. Sure." Well, these two friends show up, and what does Laura decide to do? Why, she decides to hop into bed and go to sleep, leaving me with these two strangers.
One which happened to be a talker {my Andrew}. And a talking he did. Talk talk talk. Until 5 am. The whole time, I am thinking "oh m g someone save me, i'm so tired!" His roommate {the other guy there, but you wouldn't know since he just sat there pissed off}, kept saying the same thing. "Lets go man."  Finally they left.   

We met up a week later at a party we both went to... and well... a shot, here, a shot there, and a first kiss... the rest? Is history.

After we started dating, I found out from his friend that when he walked out that door the first night we met... he said to him "She's going to be mine." Blushes.

3. If married, how long have you been married? 
It will be 3 years in August.
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? 
We got married in Maui, Hawaii. Just the two of us :)
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Do we ever! I don't think I could even list them all, but I will definitely list a few of the "popular" ones. Burby. Baby. Honey. Love. Bee-bop. 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's funny. He is the biggest heart. He loves me and my daughter more than anything on this earth. And it shows.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
Andrew proposed to me in the bath tub, in a hotel, on our 3rd year anniversary, right before dinner. He just couldn't wait. So very like Andrew. Obviously there are more details... but no need to share those ;)
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Can I say neither? Ha. I made up the questions. Well, he's totally more of a dinner date night type guy. But if I had to choose between the two, definitely the flowers and teddy bear. With champagne. And a hotel room.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Both. Depending on the situation. If we are celebrating something? We like to go out, and go big. Otherwise, I am a total homebody and would much prefer to stay in and relax.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd love to travel to Europe with Andrew for 4 weeks. Obviously this wouldn't happen until our kids are older, but it's on our "must" list when we are older.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
We actually haven't decided yet. I think I want to have a little "fancy" dinner at home as a family of 3. Dress up. Candles. mMmMm this sounds nice.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. We are saving right now for a vacation... so the money that would have been spent will go towards our vacation money.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Respect. My best advice I could give anyone. A piece of advice that I struggle with day in and day out. But it is truly one of the most important things in a relationship. To honor each other. Appreciate one another. Respect each other. Be that persons biggest fan.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Grab a button, fill out the questions {or tell us your love story}, and tell all your friends! Love is in the air! 


HTML for button




**Please don't link up random posts that are not a part of this link up... they will be deleted**

80 comments:

  1. you two are adorable!
    You anniversary is on my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay y'all are so cute! Never knew y'all both went to Purdue- so awesome! And Loving that last pictures of y'all, so sweet!
    It's funny to see pictures from so long ago, I feel like I looked so much younger 5 years ago!

    Loved this link up! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky this is awesome! I love reading your "how ya met story" I've read it before and it never gets old lol it's super cute! As are you two together...welp now it's you three...that pic at the end is amazing!

    I love this and I love the part where his friend was like come on lets leave ha!

    OK so these pics rock, you are so pretty girl, I didn't know you were doing this...I already did a post I had written from a few weeks ago :( but I will totally write one up and linky up tommorrow. Can I still link up tommorrow??

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story!! So cute :) I love that he couldn't wait to propose and had to do it before dinner! Thanks for creating the link up - now to read everyone else's stories...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that he proposed in a bathtub....soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaah! It's not letting me link up so I'll just leave my link in the comments and try again later.
    http://ohbabyc.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story! You two are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously, i love you guys. and WHY are we so grown up that we now forego gifts in favor of SAVING UP FOR VACATIONS? i know it's worth it in the end but dear god, i want it all. LOL.. love this link up.. sadly, i do not have my shit together enough to bang out a post. are we surprised? im just thankful im getting to comment. i mish you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you SO much for doing this!!! It was so much fun to sit down and write all of this down and go through some of our old photos.

    Also, I LOVE your piece of advice! You rock, Momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. I love that last picture of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! I posted, but having issues linking up....I wil try again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! You guys are so cute!!!!
    I just linked up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I just discovered your blog and I love it! (and am your newest follower!) This is such a sweet link-up, I loved reading your love story! I'm definitely going to link up with you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two are so sweet! I love this!!! So glad I came across you through Laura!!

    http://www.ohmyowls.com/2012/02/our-love-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously...I know this is not what this is about, but I have to say...you are the hottest mom! Jeez Becky!

    Secondly, you two are adorable!! Loved this all! You two look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing link up and I love your story! :)

    Thanks for hosting friend :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This link-up was such a great idea!! You my dear are becoming quite the popular blogger..i mean you have so many fantastic things going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Y'all are PRECIOUS!!! Really. I especially love picture number 14....ahhhhh!!!

    Is there a place to link up on here? I LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you SO much for putting this together. It helped me "re-focus" my mind on what a GREAT husband I do have and how blessed I truly am. I need to make sure and tell him more often!

    ReplyDelete
  20. did you HAVE to throw in that bikini pic? Damn girl, nice ass.

    and this was a pretty romantic blog post to read btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was a fun link-up! I found it so funny that he proposed to you in the bathtub! :) My hubby couldn't wait either! Silly boys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Y'all are so freaking hot it's ridiculous! haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute story! How did you not kick him out that first night, but let him stay until 5 AM??!!LOL...I think he was talking up a storm because he was probably nervous.

    Love your love story1

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great link up and love reading your love story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great link up thanks girl! You guys are adorable too! I especially love the bathtub proposal...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this link-up!

    You two are such a good-looking couple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You two are absolutely adorable together! Super sweet <3

    I've seen this link up ALL over the bloggy world today. I will have to link up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Too Cute!! I will be linking up soon! Love you blog by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your love story and this link-up! :)

    (Also on a side note, I apologize if I linked up twice... it wouldn't work the first time, and my little image wouldn't show up next to everyone else's! :( If it didn't work, oh well... But just know that I did participate in your link-up this week! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  30. New Follower :) I posted my link but didn't see it post so I did it again...now there is two! lol, sorry bout that. (106 is the correct one)

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like we have men who are impatient at giving us gifts...sparkly ones! I have been a follower of you via Katie OB as we went to school together. Your daughter is gorgeous! Thanks for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE LOVE LOVE this linky! :) As well, as love your blog in general. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE your love story! You guys are so stinkin' cute! I linked up, I hope it worked (#151). I was a virgin linker, lol! I'm soooo not techno savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for hosting this link up!! I had a blast going through and reading the stories... especially yours! You and Andrew are just too cute for words. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. what an amazing story! i am your newest follower! I found you through the link up! I will join in on this later tonight, if not tomorrow!

    Very Cute Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a great link-up - thanks for hosting it. I am enjoying reading all these love stories - and I think it's awesome that you included the single ladies.

    Also lyour story is....well....lovely. I love the bathtub proposal - makes things so much easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVE your love story :) and the pictures are adorable! Alright, about to link up :) Thanks for an awesome one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a fun link up!! I love that he said "she's going to be mine"!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. traveling europe for weeks on end sounds amazing! loved reading a little more about your love story! yall are such a cute couple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I adore this link-up. I also loved reading your story. You two are perfect for each other and seem like the perfect balance. Plus, you made some precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great linkup! I had a great time sharing my answers and reading other posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is awesome! You two are so unbelievably cute. I'm linking up Our Story that I posted before our wedding...Loving reading through everyone's stories!!

    xoxo :)
    Eliza

    p.s. Happy to have found your blog! I found you via The Sweet Life and I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I want to do a post with all of these questions too, so look for that link this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Whoa, thats really cute story. Love to hear more from this great links.
    buy star wars account

    ReplyDelete
  45. Becky, you and Andrew are so freakin cute together. Such a good looking couple too!! :)
    love your LOVE STORY. This link up was super cute, thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. HOLY MOLY almost 200 in the link-up!! Good for you! :)

    Loved your story and pics of you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. You guys are so cute!! Love this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So cute! I just started to follow, love the blog as well! Buuut I made an oops and accidentally linked back to your blog instead of mine! ha Shows how experienced of a blogger I am, this is my first "link up" You can delete that one! ;) I will have to try again later the right way this time, looks like a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love this- so sweet :) I am just getting back into blogging and Im a new mama as well. Love your blog- this idea was great, I am going to go work on my post!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Loved this link up! You did a fabulous job with it! Can't wait to read everyone else's entries.

    PS You two....make one hott couple! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  51. love this link up idea! so many great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a cute love story you have!!
    Thank you for this link up and the questions. It was fun going back and looking at old pictures and thinking about the answers. Also, a great way to talk about how great my husband is (and embarass him a little bit...LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  53. So glad I came across this link up! You and your hubby are so cute and your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

    PS: I wanted to apologize for my link being there twice, something went wrong when I tried to upload a photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. loved this link up :) you guys are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a fun link! Love reading all the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  57. This was really fun - thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  58. You two are such a beautiful couple!

    Thanks for a great link up!

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is such a cute idea, excited to be linking up! I am also a new follower and can't wait to read more.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just linked up! I love this, so cute. Thanks for doing this! You and your hubs are TOO cute

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is such a great link up. I LOVE reading about other blogger's personal life. So cool that you guys got married in maui, I would love to visit there one day. Thank you for sharing this with us. I already posted an entry for today but will def. link up this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I absolutely love this idea!! :) Mine is going up on Valentine's day!!! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I loved reading your link up! :)

    Y'all are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great link up idea! I couldn't get the link up to work but here is my post...

    http://johnandche.blogspot.com/2012/02/our-love-story-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  65. Funny! I got engaged in a bathtub too :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks for the link up! Enjoyed reading these stories so much that I decided to leave my own...#466.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Y'all are just too cute :) If I ever have time I want to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Linked Up this morning!!! Great Idea! I loved your love story!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  69. Awwwwww this is such an adorable idea! I saw it on Rustic Living and just had to come by & see if I could link up even if I'm not married & since I can I am linking up now!!!! Fabulous! And you have such a cute story! I love the part about him saying he's gonna make you his! SO CUTE. Can't wait to be a new follower! :)

    Nicole Rene
    http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. How fun was this?

    I had a wonderful time sharing this with everyone! Better yet, answering it all - it made me so mushy gushy! Can't wait to read everyones!

    Xo Jess @ Stilettos & a fishing pole

    http://ardjla.blogspot.com/2012/02/whats-your-love-story-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thank you for the link-up! This was so much fun!! :)

    Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous - I checked out your wedding post,and I never thought of doing pictures AFTER the wedding! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Such a fun idea, thank you for letting us participate! I am a new follower... currently a Mrs., soon to be a Mama as well in about 8 weeks =).

    ReplyDelete
  73. What a GORGEOUS couple!! I'm a new follower and LOVED learning about the 2 of you! My hubby and I eloped, just the 2 of us in Hawaii too, definitely the way to go!
    What a fabulous link-up!! I just linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I'm a new follower and I loved reading about your love story! Y'all are adorable and made a beautiful little girl! Thanks for the link up, I really enjoyed doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I really enjoyed reading your love story. You too are too cute and fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
  76. This was a great idea for a link-up, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Linking up with you today!! I am not sure how to get the pictures to show...wish me luck,

    I am following you now from Denise's place
    hope you will follow me back

    Blessings
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  78. Great love story you got here! God bless you both and congratulations. :)

    college dating

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye