Saturday, February 11, 2012

Life lately.

Just wanted to jot down some things scattered in my brain.
Things going on in our lives.

The 3 of us signed up for swim classes. Okay, it's for Elli to be in swim classes.
But it's going to be a family affair. Starts in April. Ends in June. {We haven't broke the news to E yet}.
Is it weird that I am a bit nervous? I want her to do well. I want her to behave herself.
And I have nightmares that my child is going to act out.
Please, tell me I'm not the only one.
---------------------------------------------------------
Do you ever get an idea in your head? Something you want to write about? Something you want to share? And then you sprint to the computer to at least jot it down so that you won't forget about it. Yes? I have so many drafts in my blogger. And lately? So much I want to talk about/share.

Now. To finding the time to do it all...or at least finish the ones I started.
---------------------------------------------------------
We are planning a family vacation for this summer. Most likely it will be Mexico. Possibly the Dominican. And? My fam dam is coming along. Mom, dad, and sister. 

We need a vacation.
---------------------------------------------------------
February is a really busy month for me. I have a lot going on. Plus? I signed up for overtime at work this month. A few times. I haven't done that since I was pregnant {almost 2 years}.

I'm also excited that next month is March. Which means we're that much closer to SPRING, better yet Summer.
---------------------------------------------------------
E has been such a character later. She has a personality as big as Russia {ha.} And her sassiness is completely ridiculous. I have a feeling she is taking after me more and more every day... and sometimes? That's not a good thing.

She's a big girl by the way. 15 months. {Her monthly post to come}
---------------------------------------------------------
We got new bedroom furniture a couple weeks ago and we are in the process of remodeling our room. It's kind of exciting, and I can't wait to finally have it done. It's almost been 2 years since we moved into our home, and this room has been neglected far too long.

After we get that done, I'm hoping we can do the bathroom next. After that? We will finally be completely done with her home remodel {until we find another project to do}.
---------------------------------------------------------
We are supposed to go out tonight for a couple's dinner with a friend of mine and her bf. I worked last night. Which means... I need to catch up on sleep. But I am super excited to have a couples night. It is much needed.
---------------------------------------------------------
I need to get a root canal done. It's not one where it's hurting. Not one of those. But it's because one of my molars is chipped {has been chipped since I was pregnant}, and the dentist {who I despise}, suggests I get one done before I get my crown put on. Oh the dreaded phone call to make the appointment.
I just need to suck it up and do it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Having this tooth fixed is the last thing on the list.
What list?
The get-this-done-before-we-have-another-baby list.
THAT list.
We are talking about it. Really talking about it.
It's time.
It's been time.

27 comments:

  1. The bedroom is always last to gets done in my house also. You will have so much fun at Swim class! Scarlett loves it! And there are plenty of children acting out. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to teach swimming lessons, and I never really had children that acted out. Most of them were just really excited to be in the water, and others were really shy and didn't want to do anything at all. You'll be in the water with her, so it'll be like you're just going for a family swim with some front floats and bubbles thrown in there. I'm sure she'll have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We start swim class next Saturday. I'm kind of excited! Last time I took her the pool she didn't really like it. She loved it last Summer so we'll see how next weekend goes.

    And another baby? Yay! Just do it, it's the cool thing to do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I can't wait for spring/summer! So exciting that you're going to Mexico. I'm really jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to the Dominican in May. Cant freaking wait. Also, I had a root canal. For me, it was no big deal. I mean i was drugged, but no pain. At all. I dont know why root canals are talked up as being so horrible. Unless i was the exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Don't worry about the swim lessons. I own a dance studio and start teaching the kiddos at 2 years old. They all have their days, it's so great that she'll get to start classes so young. That's a great learning experience for her! And yay to Mexico and another baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I taught swim classes at a local pool with babies and toddlers and parents just like what you're talking about and I promise you, the teachers are USED TO IT. Some kids came right to me and did awesome right away and some didn't come to me until the end of the session or even not at all. It's totally okay if she struggles. She's little and the teachers are there for a reason - they know how to handle babes :) don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she does well in swim class. She will probably end up loving it, so don't stress :)

    Another baby? That's exciting!!!!

    & the tooth thing, I have to have a root canal :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our bedroom is so neglected as well. I want to do so much to it, but we want to move this winter or next spring so I don't want to do too much to it. I'd rather wait until my next bedroom. I am sure Elli will do GREAT in swim classes! Especially since she seems to love bathtime. Kenne took awhile to get used to the water but she HATES bathtime so if she can behave, so will your baby girl.

    I promise the root canal isn't so bad. I had to get one when I was in highschool and when I worked in the dental office I had to assist on plenty of them.. it just takes a long time and is usually 2 appointments. But you will be happy it is behind you when it's done. Put your big girl pants on and make that phone call! And can we say AHHHHH! about the "it's been time". Way to throw that in there at the very end. Tricky Becky.. very tricky. I would LOVE for you to be able to down some beverages with me in April, but if you are pregnant at that time.. I won't hold it against you. besty promise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you do have alot going on and a whole lot to look forward too.
    I am terribly jealous about your vacation to Mexico or the Dom. I could use a sunny vacation before our life gets uncontrolably busy.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been putting off a dentist appointment FOREVER-- ever since my last checkup (2 years ago- yikes!) resulted in my first cavity ever and they also cut the corner of my mouth!!! Ergghh!

    Mexico is my FAVORITE-- we honeymooned there last May and I cant wait to go back again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was all nodding along til I came to the last part of this post: YEEEAAAHHHH! It's TIME! Just do it already ha ha ha ; ) lol! I think Elli will make a wonderful big sister and now that I'm baking #2, I am a baby pusher and think everyone should do it ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun on your date night!!! Next week you have a date with me and Chelsea!! It's bout to get wild. Ha. Ok, maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swim lessons! So fun, she will do great! I need to sign Kal up!

    So jealous about your trip! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

    We are getting on the #2 bandwagon soon as well {God willing} - so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swim lessons are so fun at that age! She will LOVE them! And a family vacation...YES! Can't wait to hear what you guys choose!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  16. We took our little one to swim classes at just 6 months old... she did great! She really loved it, but one day while the teacher had all the kids floating on a raft together she leaned over and bit a little girl on the shoulder! LOL- the little girl thought it was the end of the world but E was just teething and thought it looked like some relief :) I am sure your E will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I was running to jot down ideas. I've been in a blog funk lately, and it's driving me a little batty. :(

    Family vacation planning sounds FUN. I need to do this!

    I love Ethan's personality right now, too, and everyone comments on it. Love this age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i LOVE family swim lessons!!!!! So fun! And yay for a new bedroom. Can't wait to see pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We went to the Dominican republic last year. It was not the most pleasant of times for us as a married couple. We almost got divorced. Stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our bedroom is the last room too...who knows when I will even get to that!!

    So excited for your family vaca! You guys will have an amazing time!!

    BOO for root canal...BUT HECK YES for baby #2 talk!!!:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot wait to hear about the swimming lessons. That is going to be memory making ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. E is going to love swim lessons!! If she's bad, just give her a little dunk. Kidding. Kind of.

    See you this weekend!!! Need me a LN/LC reunion! HA HA!

    PS- Why do you have that stupid captcha?!?! Take it down, B!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for swim lessons! Glad you mentioned it. I need to get Boston signed up, too! :)

    Another baby?! Aww! :) Our son Boston just turned 16 months and we've talked about when we would want another one and we just aren't sure. My fear is not having enough love. :/ I love B SO much. Yep - I'm a weirdo but I seriously don't know how mom's love two children equally. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for vacays! We got married in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. You should go there. It's AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh we need to redo our bedroom! I can't wait to see your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eeeee, time for another baby?!!? Hooray! #summerpregnancypact :o)

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye