Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Kind of Sunday Morning.

This morning... was a really really good morning.
I woke up at 630 am. Elliana must have heard me, because she woke up screaming at the top of her lungs {as she always does} just shortly after. She likes to get our attention... and she likes to get it fast.
I scooped her out of bed and carried her sweet little body downstairs. Poured her a cup of milk and turned on her favorite Baby Einstein. I have a special place in my heart for baby Einstein. Truly, I do.
She was more needy this morning, so I held her for a while, kissed her sweet cheeks and ran my fingers through her soft shiny blonde hair. We "talked" for a while. I told her how much I loved her. And she of course giggled like I was telling her a funny story or something.
After a little while, I placed her gently on the side of the couch and snuck away into the kitchen to clean up last nights mess. Threw in a load of laundry. And proceeded to windex, dust, and scrub.
Nothing makes me smile like a nice smelling clean kitchen. Or scratch that, home.

I started the Keurig {which I don't do very often} and brewed a french vanilla coffee. Again, I don't ever drink coffee, but something about today felt like it was a coffee drinking type of day
Opened up all the curtains and blinds, and let the sun shine in. And boy is it shining. You can almost smell the warmth. You can almost hear the birds chirping. In my head, I can hear the kids playing. Something about the sun shining seems to have this amazing effect on me. A good effect. 

E ate breakfast shortly after. Her usual, oatmeal, milk, and nanners. While I sipped on my amazing cup of coffee. Emphasis on amazing.
Andrew got up around 8, and his sister {who stayed with us yesterday and last night}, was up a half hour after that.
We then played, and chatted, and laughed. And watched E go completely nuts. Running around. Giggling. Knocking over her toys. Knocking over Carson. Taunting carson. Rolling on the ground. 
Being the happiest little toddler in the room. Well, the only little toddler. But definitely, the happiest.

Andrew made us breakfast. His special of course. Waffles and strawberries. And we gathered around the kitchen table, with our coffees and teas and enjoyed ourselves. E also. Her second breakfast. I let her be spoiled this morning and have a few bites of my waffle. She loved it of course.
Around 930 we put the munchkin down for a nap, and as usual, she went down without hesitation. Thumb in mouth, and eyes sparkling at me as if they were saying "thanks mama, night night."
God, I love this child.
Went back downstairs, and we chatted an hour longer with Andrew's sister before she had to head out.

Now, it's 1030. The house is cleaned. Quiet. The baby is napping. Sun shining through in every room. And this mama is ready to go shower. Get ready, and enjoy the rest of the day.

I can tell it's going to be an even better afternoon. How could it not after such a great morning.
We have some fun plans, just the three of us. 
And I'll be soaking it all in.

34 comments:

  1. sounds like a GREAT start to the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I love your photos! I had a random cup of coffee this morning too. Sometimes, you just neeeeeed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll love to reread this post later…I'd pick a day when you're having a really bad morning! Soak it up indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great start to your Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet Sunday morning! :) Nothing cuter than a baby in pjs - love it!

    Happy Sunday to you & your family.
    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is the sweetest - and getting so big!

    Don't you just LOVE mornings like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a perfect morning!! Just put Olivia down for a nap do I can get ready for the day as well!! Enjoy the day with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a cutie! I love it when the sun is shining extra bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just like a fairytale! Exactly what I look forward to about a few years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice Sunday morning! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Sunday morning.... I Love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had such a wonderful sunday morning :) She is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sweet photos!!! Looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a great Sunday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound like the perfect morning! I certainly wish I had your motivation when I first wake up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww glad you are having a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job of capturing it!

    I totally envision these types of mornings when I dream of having kiddos. {Of course you never envision the crazy shizz that also comes along with them...haha!}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your energy is AMAZING! I was a total zombie when I worked night shift. I don't know how you do it! Up at 6:30 and CLEANING?! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this. The sun has a really crazy good effect on me too. I swear it puts a hop in my step that isn't there on cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. she is the cutest!!! sounds like an amazing sunday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. sounds like a great morning, but 6:30? that's early! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. those days are the best :) Hope y'all had a great rest of the day! Miss E is too cute for her own good! Happy Sunday pretty Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gah! she is so stinkin cute! Those jammies are my FAVORITE of Kals! I wish I had bought in bigger sizes because they are long gone. Adorable. So glad you had a fabulous Sunday! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love pics of that sweet, sweet girl! Sounds like a perfect Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a perfect morning! I love baby einstein too. After church this morning, my little guy watched it today for an hour (on repeat) while I took a nap. He just sat in his little swing and smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like an absolutely perfect Sunday :) Elliana is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your pics are all so amazing!! I guess it helps to have THE most adorable little girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. love your pictures and that's a great perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this post. And E's I <3 Mom socks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. They both are too freaking adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ahhhh love days like this ! babies in PJS are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your little one is so dang cute. Sounds like a lovely way to start your Sunday! Mornings like are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your little one is so dang cute. Sounds like a lovely way to start your Sunday! Mornings like are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye