Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April DIY Craft of the Month; Spring Wreath

I know my last project in March was also a wreath. And I have actually made a second wreath for our back door {which I love and promise to share one of these days}, however when I was shopping at hobby lobby, I got a vision in my head and once I get something in my head I have to go for it.

The truth though is that I had another project to share with you guys. And I still will. Its finished. Its just not on the wall and no pictures have been taken of it. So once my husband decides to do the necessary measurements and put my piece of little artwork up... I will be sure to share it with everyone.

Okay, but lets not talk about what I could have shared with you guys today... lets talk about what I am going to share with you.

My spring wreath.
For cheap, again. Only costs $8.00 to make {that is if you already have the glue gun... I don't add that into the cost}.

So here are the details.

I purchased a round 18 inch floral and craft wooden ring for $3.99 from Michaels. Then I purchased 4 floral pieces from the dollar store for... one dollar a piece {no wonder they call it the dollar store}. You can buy these at any of the dollar stores, such as dollar general, deals, or the dollar tree. And of course you have a variety of colors to choose from.

I went with pink and white.

The great thing about this floral ring was that it had holes all around that were evenly spaced apart. So I chose to put the white flowers in those holes and then put the pink ones in between. Two pinks, then 1, two, then 1, and so forth.

All together it took about 30 minutes... and I am utterly IN LOVE with it!

***Not sure why,but the link up isn't working. I will continue to work at it to try to fix it!


13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the simplicity and light colors. Perfect touch of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this .....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Is this months DIY not a link up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I am definitely going to make a note to make a wreath this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out wonderful, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY!! and so perfect for spring! Ive been debating what to put on my door for spring, I am def. going to michaels asap to make this wreath! :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might need to do this! I made my first wreath for valentines day with conversation hearts and I was so proud of it but it took forever to glue them on. Might need to go to Michaels today ;). Look what you are doing to me! First the blog book and now this!? Haha jk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO adorable! I want to make one for my daughter's bedroom door!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye