Saturday, April 7, 2012

Potato Soup Recipe

Image Source
1 package of bacon
1 onion
1 stalk of celery
8-10 potatos
1 {26 ounces... give or take} of Chicken Stock
2 tablespoons of butter
1 carton {1/2 pint} of heavy cream
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I originally got this recipe off all Allrecipes.com.  And ever since I made this a few months ago, it has quickly become a favorite in this household.

Now, we will make it about once a month, simply due to the fact that it is probably not the healthiest of choices out there. But delicious, none-the-less.

Often times, we don't even have any to freeze because we devour it so quickly, and every last bit of it.

1. Cut the bacon in tiny bite size pieces. Heat the skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon {you can either do a whole package, or we have done half a package before. I think 3/4 would probably be best}.  Drain the bacon, but save the bacon grease.

2. Then, in a big stockpot {3.5qt} I grease the bottom with the bacon grease, and add the veggies to saute. Once the onion clears, I add the garlic for a couple of minutes.

3. Next, add the potatoes and mix it around with all the ingredients for about 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining bacon to the pan and cover it with the chicken stock. Cover and simmer and potatos are tender.

4. In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro. Bring the cream mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture. Puree about 1/2 the soup, and return to the pan. Adjust seasonings to taste. 
------
And then enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. yummy! I'll have to try this out, we are definitely soup lovers in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm....

    Let's just say, you had me at bacon!

    Yessssssss please! Adding this to my recipe list!

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! potato soup is a big hit in our house too!! I make a crock pot version and it makes the house smell YUMMY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! YUMMMMMMM! That looks so good! :)

    Hope you guys have a great Easter!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here (but frequent snooper!) I just gotta say I really enjoy your blog & your little angel is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm.. I'm going to have to try this! Love me some potato soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love any recipe that starts with a package of bacon!

    Jennifer

    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT looks delicious! So glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye