Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Show Me Christmas {Decorations}; Week 2;Link UP

Hey guys!! Welcome back for Week 2 {Decorations} of Show Me Christmas hosted by Aly @ Analyze This and myself. First, we just want to thank all of you who linked up last week. All 114 of you! It was so fun to hop around and see your guys' lists. I met some really cool bloggy friends, and I hope you did too!

So. This weeks theme is DECORATIONS.
{inside. outside. diy projects, you name it!}


Our Christmas Decorations: INSIDE

These are just a few of our items in our home, but it is definitely a collection that grows every year. Like I've mentioned before, I wait until after Christmas to snag up tons of x-mas decor that goes on sale 50-90% off. I plan on doing the same thing this year... and this year actually getting stuff for the outdoors. I also have tons of pinterest idea inspired crafts that I would like to carry out. If only I could find the time! 

Christmas Decorations: DIY {Christmas Tree on Canvas}
 First off, please don't laugh at me. Second, when Aly and I got together last week we had planned on doing "crafts" so that we could post about it on the blog. Well, that plan quickly went down the drain when we didn't quite "prepare" for craft day.. and the crafts we did start... well basically failed. I'd show you, but you would only make fun. 

But, I did paint a canvas. Silver. Because that was the only "Christmas color I had." Then Sunday night, while putting my post together, I realized I still did not have a DIY project to show you guys. And that was a big fat no no for me. So I remembered a pin I had pinned, and quickly went to work. This is by far the easiest project to do. And I'm actually going to do another one once I gather up wrapping paper from my mom and MIL.
Instructions:
-Gather left-over wrapping paper {the different colors the better]
-A canvas, any size. Mine up there is a 11x14.
-Roll the paper just like seen in the picture. Tape the paper. Then tape it down. {You can also use hot glue gun, but I plan on changing mine, so I wanted to make it easy to take off. And you honestly cannot see the tape at all!}
-Use something for the top as your "Star." I took off a little red ball from a decoration I had {haha} and just taped it on top!
-And wa-la! Done!

Want to see what a really cute one looks like? Yup. That's what I am going to make mine look like the next time I do it!!

So what are you waiting for?! Grab a button, make your post showing us your inside, outside, and any diy decorations and LINK UP! Be sure to hop around and check out what everyone else is doing this holiday season!

I can't wait to see what you guys have done for your decorations!!

30 comments:

  1. Holy moly girl- look at all those presents! I'm slightly jealous because I have barely started wrapping our present. I'm a terrible wrapper and much prefer gift bags but I didn't think they would be as fun for baby girl so wrapping paper it is. All of your decorations are beautiful and I'm quite impressed with your Christmas tree craft. It looks like something I might be able to handle without messing it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those presents are intense!!! good for you lady! Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those packages girl! I'll be stocking up on some Christmas stuff myself after the holiday this year. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love all of your decorations! Your room is full of gifts, amazing you have them all wrapped up already! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your decorations! :)I think your tree canvas is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO gorgeous! LOVE! your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house looks gorgeous!! I love ALL your decorations. I can't wait till I own my own house so I can really go all out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations all look great!! I told the Husband I was planning to buy all kinds of new decorations post-christmas. I took a look around our house and realized it is a little sparse! Why buy them now when they'll be almost free in a couple of weeks, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed that you have gifts! that are wrapped! AND under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy presents under the tree! I'm taking a note from you next year and starting early!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Woman! You weren't kidding when you said you like to buy Christmas presents! Wow! It's going to be a good Christmas at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your house looks amazing!!!!! I love it!!! You did a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for stopping by. i do love the "future" decor ideas...that pink tree just sucked me right in. so classy! love all your decor & especially all those presents. lucky receivers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOLY PRESENTS!!! You got some lucky receivers!! You weren't joking that you already had your Christmas Shopping done!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun!!! Your decorations/house are absolutely gorgeous!

    I didn't link up today 'cause I already did my Christmas decor post:
    http://chroniclesofadime.blogspot.com/2011/11/o-christmas-tree-pinteresting-wednesday.html

    BUT you've inspired me to a) shop throughout the year so I can get TONS of presents like you, b) make that cute tree!! and c) scour all the stores apres-Christmas so I can get good decor for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry i put up my 2 link up as 1st one said its not working so i linked up again and i didnt realise the 1st acually link up..

    Love your christmas decoration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you HAVE been busy shopping!!!! WOWZER!!!!! I like the picture of your husband standing in front of the tv... mine did that too when I was trying to take pictures of the mantle... silly boys!!! I also Love your Christmas bucket list. Cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK, so I have not bought ONE single thing and all of those gifts make me feel like quite the slacker! And your sink in your bathroom - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving all these decorations, i really need to join in!

    xoxo
    Petchie
    http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get out you've turned into quite the crafter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow presents!! I haven't even wrapped a single one of ours yet! You are WAY ahead of me girl!
    I LOOOOVE that craft idea on the canvas! I'm trying it this weekend!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Moly! PLEASE come wrap my presents! lol. I havent even started yet!! You're supermom! Love the canvas idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have already seen this in person! I love it!! You have the cutest house and you're quite the decorator!!! :)

    Love the tree on a canvas! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love all of your stuff! thats a lot of presents under that tree... someone is going to have a good christmas! :)

    and i really do love your diy. its like the classy version... i love all the silver and gold classic decor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the pintrest tree you created. looks so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy presents! You just reminded me that I HAVE to start wrapping. Yikes. :) Beautiful decorations. I too love to shop after Christmas for decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're presents are out of control! :) haha!! I want under my tree to look like that!!

    Your house looks really good!!

    I totally forgot to link up on Tuesday, so I'm going to link up today...

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye