Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Epic Playdate



Play. A very important word in a child's life. It is a time where a child is able to learn about the world, discover objects and their meaning, and develop a sense of understanding on how things work around us. Not only does it symbolize a part of the day that can be viewed as fun, but also an opportunity to educate and teach our children.

It is a time that I cherish with Elliana, and one that I will most definitely cherish with Graham and our future children. How interesting it is to watch them as they find something new. The questions that they come up with. How inquisitive and curious their little brains are. And so I am always on the hunt of find something new and exciting for us to do as a family. A time to play, and a time to learn. 

I think about what the best kind of play date would be. What I view as an "epic" play date. Something that we would surely have to catch in pictures and on video camera so that we could replay over and over. A memory that our children would talk about for years down the road.

I'd want to make it a weekend deal. Go out to the mountains somewhere. Do something that we have never done before as a family. Talk about the nature, hike up a trail, catch a few fish. I know I'm starting to sound rugged. Starting  campfire and making s'mores? That is classic. Bringing a tent, sitting on logs, and flashing a flashlight in my face as I tell a ghost story? Epic

Being dirty out in the nature with the ones I love the most? Sounds perfect.

You know what else sounds perfect? Hyundai's Epic Playdate Weekend being held in Santa Barbara, CA on April 27th from 9-5.  You know what is even more exciting? Big time bloggers like Dooce, How To Be a Dad, Oh Joy, and more are going to be there on the beach setting up workshops like paint fights, hula-hoop training, photography class, and ice cream sundae bars. All for those kids.

Do you wan to attend? Yes? Don't live near California? No? Well you can certainly get yourself there by entering the sweepstakes to win a trip for four to Hyundai's Epic Playdate Weekend. Just login with your pinterest account, choose Clever Girls Collective on the form for "how did you hear about us" and cross your fingers and hope to win.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye