Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Graham's Nursery Reveal


*Bumpers are in place for pictures, as baby boy does not yet sleep in it. However, we will not be using them once he does transition to nursery and will put them back on when he is older.

I have only talked about this day for 6+ months. Yes? Yes. Actually, it's been finished for about that long except for the fact that we were waiting for his canvases {which he obviously had to be born to put up} and also his wall-art {which came from overseas and the UPS actually shipped the product back to the seller, so the lady had to resend them to me... two+ months of waiting, and a lot of phone calls later}. But alas, all is here, hung up, and pictures have been taken.

Our theme? Initially we didn't have one. But then somehow stuffed animals began appearing in his room, and the next thing I knew, I was purchasing wall art that consisted of monkeys, elephants, giraffes, and lions. And so the animal theme sort of took over. However, I didn't want it to be too "baby" like so we stuck with a lot of neutral grays for the majority of the area and threw in the pops of green to bring some color into the room.

Why the canvases? Well, if you remember Elliana's big girl room reveal, we had decided to put canvases above her bed, so we really wanted to stick with the same concept with G's room. Mainly? Because I always want to see my babies as babies every time I walk into their room.

There are still some tiny little touches that are missing. We've talked about putting crown molding in the room. As we have with every other room. But that just hasn't happened yet. I also want to hang something in the top right hand corner that has a pop of green in it. Not sure what? Hanging monkeys, gorillas from the ceiling? Ha. Anyone want to point me to a creative direction, that would be appreciated.

Overall, I am madly in love with how it turned out, and always feel at peace and cozy when I walk into his room. Which is exactly what I was looking for as my inspiration when I began the planning.

Peace and quiet.

Rug: RugsUSA
Paint: Behr- Dolphin Fin
Furniture: Elliana's old nursery furniture {sorry little man}
Bedding: BabySuperMall
Animal Prints: Etsy
"G": Hobby Lobby
Black Corner Shelf: Ebay
Changing station & Boppy cover: Etsy {a seller that I would never recommend due to customer service, product great, but took 3+ months to get to me}

37 comments:

  1. WOOP!!! ive been waiting for this for 6 months! it is so lovely. the grey is so soothing and the green is a perfect mix of fun yet calm. if that makes any sense. i love that the boppy matches his changing pad! you never cease to amaze me becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! if you check out blabla - they have animal mobiles! definitely a splurge but they are so cute. i keep eyeing them for our little mans nursery. they have the owl rings, jungle mobiles and monkeys too!
    have you thought about white/grey/green pom poms or lanterns?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the paint color and the pop of green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have done a wonderful job Becky!! Such a special room for a very special boy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! We looked at Glider and ended up getting a recliner - best decision ever! We have both slept with Mason in the recliner a few times in the last 7 months.
    I love the canvases. I really want to try one of those in our house, maybe Mason's room is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the pops of green too! A really beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You have such an eye for home decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I love that rug! And his pictures above the crib are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it! when do you put bumpers back in? ive been debating that for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! random question...when do you put bumpers back in. ive been trying to decide with my little one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it! it's so crisp and clean! You did a great job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color combo - perfect for a boy, but still a little different! The room is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It came out perfectly!! You can maybe hang a green paper lantern in that corner...pier one sells them fairly cheap and they make the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh it looks great! I am going to the bedding site now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love nurseries that aren't "too baby" looking. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love these color choices! It's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG Becky- Graham's nursery is PERFECT!!! If I ever get blessed with a little boy- grey & this color green were exactly the combination I would go with!! You did a wonderful job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SOOOOO CUTE! I love how it could be 'gender neutral', because you have those few other splashes of color. I also LOVE that it isn't too "baby". I did that for my son's nursery (mostly because we didn't know the gender!). Great job!

    Check-out Landon's nursery!
    http://careerdesirestobottlesanddiapers.blogspot.com/2012/02/baby-as-nursery.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cute! love the canvases (that word looks weird spelled out)

    and diggin the chevron changing pad cover..i think i need to revamp my 4 yr old ones...momma need a pop of color over here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love - LOVE - your Nursery. The colors are amazing and the details are perfect! I would love it if you would link up to the BabyList Baby Registry Nursery Design Series!

    http://blog.babyli.st/nursery-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors! His nursery looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it Becky. The colors are wonderful. It doesn't scream baby nursery, yet it is a very charming baby nursery. Your sense of style for your you, your kids, and home is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The colors are great!! Looks like a wonderful baby boy's room :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE this! I wanted to go with grey and bright green for the Bambinos' room but everyone kept trying to talk me out of it and I couldn't find the right bedding. Finally I gave in to everyone else and I don't love their room. I love this one though, you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the gray and green together. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! That room is beautiful! Definitely not too baby-ish but still uber cute and boy-ish :)

    Here's one suggestion: you could use the embroidery hoop(s) and hang up some green solid/patterned prints. Cheap and totally customizable.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful! I love it and is a great balance between baby and masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what if you did like a tree decal in the corner? that stretched to the ceiling? that would be cute; as if it isn't cute already

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a perfect nursery! I dislike when rooms are too babified, this is just perfect. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks lovely! It's modern and stylish, yet sweet and cozy for your new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love looking at nurseries. :) It may have taken you six months to post, but mine has taken me over six months to finish! I'm still working on the nursery for my 4.5 month old. I just couldnt' decide exactly what I wanted. I'm having fun taking my time though. I've been looking for a big G for my little Gray. I'll have to check Hobby Lobby. If you want to add a pop of green to that corner, what about painting the G?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful. The pops of green are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye