Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Master Bath Remodel


I wish so badly we had the before pictures but since all my stuff got deleted when my backup driver went out, I only had a few and the ones of our master bath of course weren't there. So you are going to have to have a great imagination here as I describe the before. Better yet, I better do a good job at describing it. That's more of what you are probably thinking.

Okay okay, here we go.

Chocolate. The color of our bathroom. Yes, I do realize that everyone has eyes and they could clearly see that our bathroom is brown. But let's talk about this why don't we. Before? The color was cream. Like the color of the floor in the bathroom. It was very bleh. What else was very bleh and cream? The vanity cabinets. Those obviously got a nice paint-over job by the husband {new hardware too}. The mirror was just that.. a mirror. Nothing around the border. Large, but very boring and unappealing. The lighting and faucet was also too embarrassing to own so they had to go. And due to the size {let's not talk about it} of the master bath, we were in major need of extra storage. Hint the over the toilet space saver that we purchased.

Overall? We decided to not put too much money into this bathroom, as we knew we would probably not see the return and just do little changes to make it more appealing and pleasant to be in.

The one thing that I am proud of {and pinterest inspired} was the mirror {remember how I talked about that boring mirror above}. Yes, about that. I decided to buy medium glass tiles and adhesive and go at it. $15.00 later and we have a brand spankin' new lookin' mirror.

If I had to estimate, I would say we spent a total of $300 with fixtures, paint, space saver, lighting, and more. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

It's not perfect. It's not a bathroom that I walk in and am in love with each and every time. But it beats the old bathroom and I love it for what it is.

And if I had it my way? Well, first things first. Triple in size, please.


23 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog, what an amazing bathroom, I must say I love the dark color walls!…

    Milena
    www.milenalovesthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "chocolate" color. That's beautiful especially with the white cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! I love the chocolate color with the white accents!! I also love the built in above the toliet.. so cool. You did a great job on the mirror - it's awesome! Looks good, and the important part is that YOU like it. <3, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! The brown makes it look very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I love the color and the tile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bathroom looks great! The colors you pick for your rooms are amazing and everything just seems so clean and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky- this is gorgeous!! The color is perfect and the white accents it beautifully!! I wish my bathroom had such simplicity to it where my counter wasn't overwhelmed with things we use on a routine basis and I am the same way where I wish my master bath was like 4-5 times the size it actually is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove it! We're trying to buy a house that's similar in a lot of ways to yours - brick mantle, older (not a cookie cutter home), small bathroom - so I'm definitely going to be using your house as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the improvements - your new bathroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post,Thanks for sharing this information.You choose great color for walls i like brown color.After remodeling your bathroom is looking very nice.

    bathroom remodeling Birmingham, AL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color! I'm torn between chocolate and gray for our bathroom remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are the main design plans required to start a Home Construction?
    http://www.allevaconstruction.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a little worried about the tile making the bathroom look like a dungeon since there isn't any natural light. On the shower wall it looks almost like granite but on the floor it looks like the faux wood. I like it and it really isn't too dark.Bathroom remodeling Lexington KY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!
    Birmingham Remodeling Al

    ReplyDelete
  15. I super enjoyed reading the whole Home Tour section of your blog in one sitting - something that I have never actually done in my lifetime! The personalized home decor, especially the family portraits and the letter wall plaques, are especially very sweet and eye-catching. Congratulations for the super beautiful home and very beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First you need to determine if it's the whole house or just a few rooms. Then you need to determine what the most important remodel job is, whether it is the kitchen, bathroom, add on etc.
    Contractors General Ridgewood

    ReplyDelete
  17. The most important think is you being happy with the final result. Sometimes the plans do not turn to be as expected and you may be disappointed simply because the bathroom doesn't look the same way as you thought. It is good that you achieved the desired final look.
    http://www.anyclean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope my bathroom remodelling in St Catharines end up looking as good as this one does. A good bathroom is a great way to start a day.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye