Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Family pictures... the ugly truth.

9.12.12
Post written a couple days after my birthday 7/25, as these are pictures from the big day :)
Don't mind the fact that I have pregnancy blob going on and my dress is all sorts scrunched up in the chair.

Why is it so hard for one to take a good solid picture where all members of the family are happy and smiling? I'm asking this question to you, you, and you. I want someone to honestly tell me the trick, the secret, the things that this mama needs to do to make these family pictures happen. And I'm not talking about professional type of family pictures... although that's another post of its own. I'm talking about just the normal day to day pictures. Birthdays. Zoo. Just because.

Those.

I have also come to the conclusion that when you look your absolute best? That's when everyone else seems to ruin the picture.

And the one that your husband and child finally look at the camera to without making the silliest face? Well of course that one would be the one where your face is turned the wrong way or your hair is covering your eyes.

But? You get to a point where enough is enough. Get these people off of me, turn the camera off, and lets go. My husband is at the point before you even start.

Let us go through an example. Because who doesn't love to look at family pictures gone wrong?
These are from my birthday last week... and are prime evidence of how men and children are not equipped to sit still, smile, and look straight into the camera.

Because us women are.

 That, my friends.... is about as real as life gets.

**And for a little more substance out of today's post... go check out my guest post over at Laura's blog where I talk about becoming a boy mama for the very first time!**

Happy Wednesday to you all. 


28 comments:

  1. We have the same problem. In this case I'm going to count my husband as a toddler! Haha. We rarely BOTH look good in a picture and when we do, one of our A-hole friends photo bombs it. Obnoxious. IF we ever see a good one, we print it ASAP and put it up because it is a rare ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!!! Outtakes from attempted family pictures make me wonder how I ever landed a husband if I make THAT face when I'm irritated or confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true...its like I am taking my husband to the gas chamber or something to get a picture! What is it w. men and not wanting to get pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the captions. ;) Thanks for the guest post (again).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This frustrates me to the core! For some reason, I have it in my mind that I'm the only one capable of posing for a picture and get super annoyed when others are off in La La Land doing who knows what?! hahaha cute post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outtakes! I have never been able to succeed but once on taking self family photos. Do you use a remote when grandma isn't available? If so, which one? I'm in the market and I want to get my monies worth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I go through the same thing every time i want to take family pictures. But before there was no baby in them, now its about to get harder lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet family pictures, regardless of how they turn out!! :)

    Happy Hump Day, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That second to last picture made me laugh out loud. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As frustrating as it is now, you'll looove looking back at the not-so-perfect pics in a few years! It brings you back to exactly how the kids' personalities were at that very moment in time and although it's frustrating now, those pics are a treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the third picture down! So cute and funny! And the captions [very nice - SO laughed out loud on that one] =)
    I'm thinking of attempting a self-taken family portrait for my family of 5, after seeing these pictures, I can't wait to see what we come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I feel your pain on the family pictures. NOONE in my family ever wants to cooperate. My husband, nor my son will cooperate. Oh well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true!! Reagan always photo bombs when I'm talking pics. And when I do want him in the shot- shes being silly! Lordy, it can be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha oh so true... but I love all the photo bloppers... they show the real life of a family.. all the silliness, the imperfections and fun that takes place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hysterical!!! We have the same problem. I literally busted up laughing at "Waaa save me Grandma!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is SO true and one of the many reasons why I keep telling my husband I want to get some professional photos done. He's like "why we have a TON of family pictures"...true but most of them suck. haha. He hates having family pictures taken where he has to pose and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this is so adorable! I literally just laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is hilarious! Reminds me of our engagement pictures...which hopefully I should be seeing the final results next week on. I'm sure there were several funny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I laughed out loud at the captions

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is about par for us too. We have family pictures coming up at the end of September...I am a little worried with 4 kiddos now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha! this too funny but try this with
    six people--can you imagine?

    www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the captions! Very funny! We have the same problem with our 9 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This post goes down in the records for best post ever!
    LOVED the captions!!
    Your a hoot!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was dying laughing. LOVED this post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh those pictures are the BEST! absolutely made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! Your husband reminds me of my husband. He hates pictures and they absolutely, NO MATTER what, never work out! Haha! They're still cute though!

    xo

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye