Monday, September 17, 2012

Show & Tell; Remembering High School

9.17.12

1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school {popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc}.
Ugh. Neither. I mean, none of the above. Week after week, I am amazed by these darn old questions, and then I find myself saying... you came up with them silly. Ah, yes, I did. So to elaborate on this whole high school deal... lets just say I was just me. I would go to the parties that the "popular" kids went to, but I had my own group of friends that were the good girls. And I'm so grateful for that because I think that I turned out the way that I did partly due to the amazing group of girlfriends that I had. That all {but one} happened to go to college with me as well. And I definitely was not a sporty or choir girl. I got really good grades though. Does that count for anything? 
 
2. Share with us some high school pictures. We know you have them somewhere.
Must I?! Really. Okay I'll only share two.

3. Tell us about your school. Private? Public? How many in graduating class? Mascots? School colors?

My school was public. We had I think close to 500 in our graduating class. Our mascot was "The Bears" and our school colors were maroon and grey. Overall, I think we had a very diverse high school that offered a lot of potential to excel intellectually through numerous AP courses and challenging classes. But since our class? It has definitely gone down hill. Very much so. I cannot imagine sending my own children there seeing what it has become.
4. Tell us about some of your favorite memories of high school. Or what stands out the most? Any teachers? Specific classes?
Oh man. I really had to think about this one. But the last one picture that I posted up there really reminded me of some of my best high school memories. I think overall, Senior year really represents everything high school meant to me. It was the best of the four years. It was the most memorable. It was the year I felt more like an adult. So just a few of my favorite memories?
Euchre night with the guys once a week. 
O.C night with the guys.
Prom night.
Getting accepted into Purdue Nursing School.
Half days, every other day.
Skipping study hall and going to Panera with friends.
Mr. Sivertsein {my favorite AP math teacher of all time}.
Senior trip to Europe with my best friends.
Graduation Day.

5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.
You know, I don't even want to talk to my children going to high school. Although I had a good experience, I know many that didn't. I just don't even want to imagine all the fears and unknowns that my children may have to go through when going to high school. But if I had to offer advice to them, I would tell them to stay true to themselves. To forget about the pressure and influences, and focus on graduating and following their dreams. That parties and a good time doesn't bring anything positive to your future. That choosing the right friends is probably one of the biggest and most important decisions they will make. One that will affect the rest of their high school experience. To not forget about mom and dad. That we too have been there, and we too understand. That they can stand up for what they believe in. That being "cool" doesn't mean changing who you are. 
And that mom and dad? Well they will be watching you and your friends closely :)
***Grab a button {at the top} by copying the HTML in the box at the top and pasting it in your HTML part of the post! Answer the questions, link up, and hop around! Most of all.. have fun.***

Next Week's Questions: Stuck on an Island

1. Tell us, if you could only take 5 people with you to a deserted island, who would it be, and why?
2. Show us which island you'd like to be deserted at. 
3. Tell us, if you could only bring 3 items with you, what would those items be. And why?
4. Show us 3 pictures that you would take with you.
5. Tell us what you envision life would be like on that island. Do you think you would go into survival mode? Would you be like those Survivor people and eat bugs? What qualities do you possess that would help you survive. Do share.

11 comments:

  1. By O.C. Night, do you mean the show, The O.C.?
    If so.... love. ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more that choosing the right friends is the most important decision they will make. I wouldn't be who I am today without the great girls I surrounded myself with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 10 year high school reunion was this past weekend, I missed it but it's true to surround yourself with good people. I can only hope this for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you had a BLAST in high school!!!

    Just so you know, the hyperlink to get the Show and Tell Button does not show the "Show and Tell" button, just From Mrs to Mama. (I was copying it for next week's post).

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA. Im totally gonna do this.

    High school... the moment I post pics from high school... my high schooler will disown me.

    thankfully, my toddler will still love me ;)

    giving away a balance bike this week via blog. come enter ;)

    http://eandnreyes.blogspot.com/2012/09/strider-balance-bike-win-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post! :) Love the highschool pictures!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts beacuse I am a high school senior myself so I am loving how I can see what other psople said about high school. I cant imagine looking back in 10 years and thinking about high school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In reality splendid occupation with the blog. I do in the vein of your rigid effort and will linger for more post from you as post gave me joy and gives some helps to do same work. Thanks a lot…………………………
    thesis statement

    ReplyDelete
  9. In genuineness prosperous content and very helpful in sequence. I got it my elucidation from now. I very much urge his/her workings with the constructive enlightening information. Thanks a lot plagiarism-checking service

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate the efforts you put into reviewing these useful resources. I was wondering if you’re planning to update the list anytime soon? In that case, you might be interested in trying out our plagiarism checker tool

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye