Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Guest bedroom/office remodel


As you can see, Elliana is loving our new office/guest bedroom remodel. As you can also tell, we've been a little busy here at the S household making some big changes upstairs.

One of those changes was taking the guest bedroom {that will be converting to baby boy's nursery} and adding it to the office. I just can't believe we were able to do all this over labor day weekend. This involved getting rid of the nasty old green paint that we had in the office and painting it this amazing grey color. Looking for paint? I'd recommend BEHR- GENTLE RAIN. It is a light, subtle, gorgeous color.

I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to keep the original bookcases that we had in the office, with my desk, and then add the bed, dresser, and nightstand. I thought it would be too much. To my surprise? We made it work! And I'm so happy about it.

Also? I didn't have to buy anything new for the walls. I used stuff that we already had. Canvases, frames, flower decorations, bookcase decorations, etc. I even found those turquoise/green frames laying under the bed {that I had no idea was even there}! It was like hidden treasure.

And as you can see, the pictures that are in those frames? Are not of my family. Obviously. But I am in the process of picking pictures to blow up to replace those! In the meantime, they look quite perfect in this room.

I'd also like to replace our chair that we have in the office, but husband is hesitant. He loves that chair. It is pretty cozy if I do say so myself. But me? Well I'd like to get a patterned one that I can push in. I just need to sneak it by the grump.

And although it's not my all white furniture, crazy patterned, bright colored office that I had dreamed of... it's what works for our family now. Since we are expanding and all. Plus? All this furniture is only 2 years old... and it probably wouldn't be wise to just do-over and buy new. Wouldn't be unlikely of me to do.. but definitely not wise.

So overall? I am so happy with our little over-the-weekend {more like one day} remodel.
And tomorrow? I'll show off our master bedroom!

23 comments:

  1. It looks great. Love that wall color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grey! It's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! We are about to do a similar change over here too but our office room is a bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! My bedroom is done in the same colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color on the walls! Your an ambitious women to do all of that in such a short time!

    -Amy
    http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good! I need you to come help me decorate our two spare rooms. One is SUPPOSED to be a guest room, the other is SUPPOSED to be an office, but the two are often mixed lol! I like your combo room :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are seriously such a fantastic decorator! I think you missed your 2nd calling in life (I'm sure nursing is the first, besides being a great little momma)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a great job!! i love it :) where did you get those book shelves from?!?!? I want!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous room! I love the wall color, it's so peaceful and inviting. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out fantastic! You have such great taste ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Where did you get those bookshelves? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been dying to see the master bedroom and E's room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous friend!! LOVE everything about it...and I especially love the grey you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great!! I love E jumping on the bed! haha

    I love that canvas! What company did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks amazing! Currently we're planning to convert our guest room into the play room for J but somehow keep the bed in the room...hopefully ours can turn out this well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ever think about being a designer? Your rooms always look gorgeous. My house needs you. Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. please come decorate my house!?! kthanksbye!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I wish my office looked like that. I currently use our dining room as my work from home office. Can't wait to one day be able to do something like this

    the sweet life of a southern wife

    ReplyDelete
  19. The room looks great! And E is as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye