Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Master Bedroom Remodel. It's about time


Ah. Yes. My sweet master. If only you knew how long we have put off doing our master. If you could only see what it looked like before. If only. Of course I contemplated showing the before, but then I realized I didn't want to ruin the pretty pictures that I had going on in this post. Let me just paint the picture for you... dark dungy blue. No furniture. Junk everywhere.

For two years. Two years, my friends. 730 days. Too many hours to count.

While we were busy remodeling the whole home.. we completely neglected the most important room in our house. The bedroom.

My philosophy was... lets do all the other rooms because no one will actually walk into our bedroom. AKA we did it for the pleasure of others. Not our own. Mistake number one.

Mistake number two was painting it that dark dungy blue color 2 years ago. Only to repaint all over again 2 years later. Best decision we ever made.

Mistake number three...buying bedspread last year before we bought our furniture/did the remodel. Hello genius where is your brain. Also? the dog ended up ripping it with all his crazy shenanigans. So needless to say it is long gone and we have since purchased this beautiful cream quilt that is heaven on earth.

But what wasn't a mistake is buying the blackout curtains that literally make any day turn to night. In a matter of seconds. And since I work night shift? And come home to nap with the baby girl? Day-turned-night is essential. Key. IMPORTANT. 

Lastly, yes that is baby Jesus on our dresser. And for memory purposes, let me just tell you that that little glass statue has been following me around since I left for college. My mom had packed it in my box when I headed to Purdue. Somehow it followed me to all the different apartments that I lived in. And then lastly it made its way to our new home. How? Is beyond me. But please believe it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Or ever.

Up next? Our master bath remodel. A much needed one.

22 comments:

  1. Love it! You did an amazing job remodeling. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! I am dying to redoubt our bedroom. I agree, we have put offour bedtime for years because I spent so much time mking sure all the other rooms in the house look nice. Now I am even more excited to work on our master bedroom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and I love that Jesus and your mom have followed you everywhere you have lived since you moved out!

    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I love the yellow :) My bedroom needs to be made-over and it seems that is the first room people want to walk into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks so so great!!! You have talent, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! May I ask what color is the bench holding the yellow pillow? We are looking into making an accent wall in a room of ours, and this color seems perfect!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so warm and cozy. I love the mustrad pillows and your bed stand lamp. Good job, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the little accents you added. especially the yellow pillows! :)

    the sweet life of a southern wife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bright yellow pillows are the perfect touch! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paint color! What is it??

    kellycfranks{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love it! Amazing job!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I NEED blackout curtains in my life ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay! i was so excited for these photos. looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bedroom!! What paint color did you use for the walls? I want to repaint the walls in our bedroom. The previous owners painted it this hideous goldenrod color. Not my style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It feels light and airy and very peaceful. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye