Monday, September 24, 2012

Show and Tell; Stuck on an Island


1. Tell us, if you could only take 5 people with you to a deserted island, who would it be, and why?

My husband: Duh. I need someone to sleep with. I mean. Cuddle. And love on. I couldn't live without this man, so if I'm stuck on a deserted island, he's coming with.
My children: They count as one person, right? I'm going to say they do :) Life without my rugrats running around, is no life to live.
My mom: Because only she would know how to cook anything and everything raw.
My dad: Because he can fix anything you put in front of him. Build anything out of sticks. And pretty much would be the "master" of the island. That, right there, made me chuckle.
My sister: Because who doesn't want teenage drama? Right? I added her in because I know she reads this and would be disappointed. And because I triple heart love her :)

2. Show us which island you'd like to be deserted at.
Whatever this island is... it looks pretty surreal.
3. Tell us, if you could only bring 3 items with you, what would those items be. And why?

This one is a hard one. I would want to take everything. But things of the most meaning to me {besides the people that are already coming} are my photo albums. Pictures mean so much to me and they bring back so many wonderful memories. That brings me to the second thing on the list, and that would be my camera. I'd like to think that one day we would get off that deserted island, and when we did, I'd still want pictures to look back on the experience. Because that was a part of our life. I'm sure it wouldn't be the prettiest of pictures, but still. Speaking of pretty, I definitely would need my makeup. Because when I feel pretty? I am more likely to survive. I know. Shoot me in the foot.

Truth.

4. Show us 3 pictures that you would take with you.

5. Tell us what you envision life would be like on that island. Do you think you would go into survival mode? Would you be like those Survivor people and eat bugs? What qualities do you possess that would help you survive. Do share.

I think when push comes to shove we would do whatever it took. Eating bugs? Starting wood fires? Building forts? I'm sure we would be on that boat. Whatever it took to survive. Do I think I have the necessary skills at this point in my life? Absolutely not. However, I haven't been put in that situation {and hope to never}, so I couln't be certain. I do know this. I am strong {physically} and could beat some donkey booty if it came down to it. I am determined, which means I would never just give up. And I love my family. Three very strong characterstics that I believe would help me get off that island. One way or another.

And there goes a post I never thought I would write.
***Grab a button from up top {copy the HTML and paste in your HTML}, write up your post, come back to link up and hop around to meet new friends!***

Next week questions: All my favorites

1. Tell us about your 5 favorite memories in your life.
2. Show us 3 of your favorite beauty products.
3. Tell us what your favorite TV shows are to watch.
4. Show us 2 of your favorite pictures.
5. Tell us your favorite things to do during "me time."

7 comments:

  1. Hey Becky, I just want to say thanks for doing this, and for working so hard on your blog! I love that you are mostly doing it so you have a record of your family growing together. Reading your blog every day keeps me inspired to keep writing about my little family, so that one day we will have so many memories recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower of you but first time linking up, quite fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading these questions. I think if your kids were with you, your mama instincts would kick in and you'd so just fine on the island, Swiss Family Robinson style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great island to be stuck on! At least it's not too big to get lost on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers :D Mine would be very similar when it comes to who I would bring. I would definitely be thinking about my most handy and survivorish friends and family!
    Love the pictures :D
    Can't wait to link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you care if I used your old link for this post? The new one you made is too wide for my blog and it goes over onto the slidebar.
    I love these posts by the way

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye